ELEVEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS WERE SOON OVER and the twins returned to Hogwarts. Cassie had still not figured out what the problem was with Theodore Nott, and so she questioned Draco about it over the holidays.

"Theo? He's alright, I suppose. Though he's a bit kept to himself," Draco told her.

"What about his parents?"

"He never speaks about them. But there were some rumours about his father being a death eater, though he was never put in Azkaban."

Cassie knew all about the death eaters. Followers of – well – you-know-who. She was aware people had suspected her father of being one, though he had denied all claims, managing to weed his way out of a sentence. Whether the claims were true or not, Cassiopeia did not know. 

She didn't doubt it – the whole reason her father had wanted the twins to become friends with Harry in the first place was due to the hope the boy had a talent for the dark arts as he was able to defeat the dark lord at the age of just one. She wouldn't be surprised if he followed you-know-who for the same reason. But of course, she wasn't completely sure.

As for Draco – he never thought much about it. What was in the past is in the past, he always said. 

Now that the new term started, Cassiopeia noticed that a familiar trio composed of Harry, Ron and Hermione had begun spending more and more time in the library. If it had been Hermione alone, she wouldn't have suspected anything, but the other two boys? There must have been something going on.

She would've asked them what they were looking for in books that made them so desperately search the library, but she didn't. She didn't want them to get the idea that she was interested in them, especially now that they had started to treat her less like how they treated any other Slytherin and more like an actual Gryffindor.

The Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff match had been approaching, the Gryffindor team had been practising non-stop. Dean had offered for her to watch the match with him again, but this time Cassie declined, explaining that she was going to watch it with her brother this time around.

Her, Dean and Seamus had been in the Gryffindor common room, predicting how they thought the match would turn out (though she noticed Seamus' predictions were biased, as they all ended in Harry catching the snitch and Gryffindor winning three hundred points to ten). 

Cassie noticed Harry walk into the common room, most likely coming back from practice, and join Ron and Hermione, who were playing a match of chess. Soon after, Neville Longbottom had also walked – or rather waddled – into the room. He hopped inside, his legs appearing as if they had been glued together. Cassiopeia recognised the effects to be of the leg-locker curse.