TWENTY-TWO

— 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 —

𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

OTHER THAN THE MYSTERIOUS DIARY that was now in Harry's possession, Cassiopeia had big things to worry about – her electives that all the second years needed to choose for the next year.

The twins, of course, wanted to choose the same ones. Both of them agreed on choosing Care of Magical Creatures for their first elective but were not exactly on the same page with a second option. Their other choices were Divination, Muggle Studies, Arithmancy and the Study of Ancient Runes. Of course, Muggle Studies was absolutely not an option for either of them, as stated clearly by their father. They both agreed that they wouldn't do Arithmancy as it seemed like the option with the most work.

In the end, Draco chose to choose Ancient Runes, which was one Cassie knew she didn't want to do. It sounded absolutely boring in her books, but he begged to differ. She wasn't too sure about Divination, as she heard from others it was a weird subject and the teacher for the subject was completely crazy.

She asked Dean what he'd decided to choose, and he decided he would choose by closing his eyes, jabbing his wand at the list and hoping for the best. Meanwhile, she was surprised to see Hermione pick every option. She supposed the girl didn't get the memo when they were told to choose a maximum of three subjects.

Cassiopeia sent a letter to her parents for council, who both told her they chose Arithmancy and Ancient Runes, which hadn't helped her choices at all. There was only one person in the castle she knew could give her authentic advice on her choice, so she trekked to the courtyard where she found just the boy she was looking for.

"Hey, Cedric. Can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure," he answered before turning back to his group of friends. "I'll be back in a moment," he informed them before walking out of earshot with Cassie. "What's up?"

"I was wondering whether you could help me with my choices for next year. Right now I've only chosen Care of Magical Creatures, but Draco wants to do Runes but I personally believe it's a boring topic. What do you think I should do?"

"Well, I think Care of Magical Creatures is a good choice.  Professor Kettleburn's a bit of a psycho but a good teacher no less. I never took Arithmancy but I've heard there's a lot of workload so I suppose that's something to keep in mind. Runes is quite dull if I'm being honest, but it isn't too bad. What about Muggle Studies?" he suggested.

"No!" she said immediately.

"Okay... well if you don't want to do that or Runes, I guess you can take Divination. I couldn't tell you about it though."

"I suppose I could do divination, it's just – I don't feel like looking at my entire life through a bunch of leaves. Besides, I heard the divination teacher is completely nuts."