SIXTY-FOUR

—𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫  —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

OF ALL THE THINGS CASSIOPEIA EXPECTED TO SEE in the Daily Prophet, it certainly wasn't  Umbridge's new position as 'high inquisitor'.

She was in the middle of eating with her brother in the Great Hall when the morning owls arrived and delivered the morning's article, which entailed the 'good news'.

"'The Minister put in Umbridge and of course, she's been an immediate success'," Cassiopeia read out Percy Weasley's statement and scoffed. "What a joke."

She tossed the paper down the table and resumed her food irritably. "Not happy with the news?" said Draco.

"Not happy is an understatement," she muttered, glancing at Umbridge who was seated at the teachers' table at the front looking absolutely pleased with herself. "She's a bloody psychopath and the Ministry's only giving her more power."

 "Well, it could be worse. Besides, as long as she favours us and not Potter then I see no problem with her," he settled with a smirk.

"Oh yes, she is wonderful once you look past her methods of torture," Cassiopeia said under her breath.

"Her what?" asked Draco.

"Nothing," she dismissed. She supposed telling him that Umbridge had been carving into Harry's skin wouldn't make him sympathetic. "Let's just go, I've lost my appetite."

Cassiopeia decided she'd finally spend time with Draco, realising she could no longer stay upset with him. Even if he was an ass, he was still her brother and she found it virtually impossible for her to ever hate him.

The two walked to their Potions lesson in the dungeon and watched as Snape distributed the moonstone essays the class was set previously. Cassiopeia was pleased to see that Umbridge wasn't in the classroom, given that her new role of high inquisitor meant she was to inspect lessons.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your OWL," he said with a smirk as he swept among them, passing back their homework. "This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in your examination."

The twins exchanged smug looks as they both had a large 'O' written in the upper corner of their parchments.

"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect to see a great deal more effort for this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get D's."

Draco sniggered and said in a carrying whisper, "Some people got D's? Ha!"

Cassiopeia glanced across the class to Harry, noticing him sliding his essay back into his bag slyly. She frowned, just glad Draco didn't notice this otherwise Harry would never hear the end of it.