THIRTY-TWO

— 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞 —

𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

SEPTEMBER PASSED FAIRLY QUICKLY and October finally arrived. Cassiopeia had been going through her weeks just fine: her Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons had been getting better and better, becoming everyone's favourite class. Well, almost everyone. Draco and his gang of Slytherins always had something to say about the lesson. And by lesson, she meant its teacher.

On the other hand, it seemed Snape was becoming even more unpleasant, always in a particularly vindictive mood. There was no surprise why. By now, probably a large portion of people in the castle knew about the story of Neville's boggart assuming Snape's shape and how Neville had dressed it in his grandmother's clothing. Now in his lessons, his eyes flashed menacingly at the mention of Professor Lupin's name and he seemed to be bullying Neville worse than ever.

Divination was an extremely long subject, in Cassie's opinion, as her time was always occupied rushing to get her Divination homework done. Care of Magical Creatures had unfortunately become incredibly dull ever since their first lessons, and Cassie could only blame her brother for this. Their classes comprised of tending boring creatures such as flobberworms.

As October progressed, it now meant quidditch season was approaching. However, there had still not been any open spots on the Gryffindor quidditch team. Though Cassie wasn't sure she would have attempted to try out if there had. That didn't mean she didn't miss playing quidditch. Sure, she could play at home with Draco (and if they were around, Crabbe and Goyle, though they were way too rough for her liking) but it was never the same. She always imagined her becoming the captain of her team and holding the quidditch cup in front of the whole school after securing the final points her team needed.

At least the latest notice in the Gryffindor common room cheered her up. The very first Hogsmeade weekend would take place on Halloween, which was only two weeks from now. For a moment, she was worried her father wouldn't sign her Hogsmeade slip during the holidays, but he did to her surprise. 

Cassie had been in the middle of talking with Dean and Seamus about what they planned to do at the village when suddenly there was a loud commotion and the three of them whipped around to see what was going on. They, as well as the rest of the common room, watched as Ron whirled around, chasing Hermione's ginger cat as it attempted to chase his rat. 

When he finally caught his rat and Hermione caught her cat, Ron turned to her furiously. "Look at him!" he exclaimed, dangling his rat in front of her. "He's skin and bone! You keep that cat away from him!"

"Crookshanks doesn't understand it's wrong!" Hermione reasoned. "All cats chase rats, Ron!"

"There's something funny about that animal. It heard me say that Scabbers was in my bag!"