SEVENTY-THREE

— 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 —

— 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐮𝐭 

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA COULDN'T HELP BUT THINK ABOUT the conversation she had inadvertently spied upon earlier that day as she stared at the window of the carriage of the Hogwarts Express. Every thought she had trailed to a pessimistic outcome, whether it be with her family or No matter how much she disagreed with her father, she was still worried for him. 

She had heard the fear in his voice. She heard it in her mother's. The reality of the situation was, no matter how favoured he was in the Dark Lord's eyes, there would come a point where her father could no longer protect the family. Cassiopeia didn't know what her mother was talking about when she mentioned the imperioused man, but, from what she could gather, her father was the culprit. If what her mother said was true, it meant her father was close to having been caught.

What if he had?

"Honestly, Cass, must you always sit in the corner like you're some sorry loner?" Draco asked, pulling her out of her thoughts. 

She playfully rolled her eyes before standing up. "I'm gonna go take a walk — try not to miss me while I'm gone," she informed him.

"And what a difficult task that will be," he retorted with a smirk.

The one good thing that came out of the holidays was finally being on good terms with Draco. It felt like ages since Cassiopeia was able to have playful banter and lighthearted conversations with him. It brought a great relief to her.

That was why she couldn't mess it up with him again. One more risky decision, she told herself as she walked down the compartments. And then that was it. All she needed to be was careful. 

Harry, Ron and Hermione's carriage wasn't too hard to find. It was only the three of them in the carriage, much to her gratitude. She would just need to be in and out. She carefully opened the compartment door, peaking her head through.

At the sight of the Malfoy, Harry sat up, his seemingly miserable mood vanishing. Hermione and Ron smiled knowingly at each other. "Cass — hi."

"Hi," she greeted quickly, looking at the three of them. "Er — can I speak with you, Harry?"

"Sure," he agreed instantly, getting to his feet and following her out of the compartment. "What is it?"

"Not here," she muttered, taking his arm and leading him to a nearby, empty compartment. She promptly shut the door before turning back to him. "How are y—"

Cassie wasn't able to finish her question as Harry planted a kiss on her lips. She certainly didn't feel the need to complain, quickly returning it.

"That's gonna take some getting used to," she said as they pulled away, an instant smile brought on both of their faces.