FORTY-SIX

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

"WOULD YOU HURRY UP, DRACO! If you keep strutting around like that you're going to get caught up in the crowd."

"And if you keep talking I might just push you off the railings," he retorted, making Cassiopeia glare at him.

"Both of you, settle down," their mother scolded.

"Yes mother," they both muttered together, still shooting daggers at each other.

The family of four made their way up to the top box, all the way at the top of the long set of stairs that were carpeted in purple. Cassie took it the scenery as they made their way further up, admiring the pitch below them, so giant she thought the Hogwarts castle would be able to fit inside its circumference. Hundreds and thousands of witches and wizards were taking their seats along the oval stadium. A large blackboard flashed advertisements across the pitch in gold writing.

Cassiopeia was surprised her father actually allowed her to come to the match. She would have thought he wouldn't allow her considering her behaviour at the end of the school term but was nonetheless pleased.

"... good job too, Bulgarian blighters have been trying to cadge all the best places..." a voice was saying as the Malfoy family reached the top box. Minister Fudge. "Ah, and here's Lucius!"

"Ah, Fudge," said her father, holding out his hand as he reached the Minister of Magic. "How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our children, Draco and Cassiopeia?"

"How do you do, how do you do," said Fudge, smiling and bowing at their mother. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr Oblansk... Obalonsk... Mr — well, he's the Bulgarian Minister for Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else — you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?"

Cassiopeia's eyes shot to the front seats, not noticing the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry sitting there before. She noticed Harry looking at her and she pursed her lips. She knew she'd have to see the trio eventually, but she expected it to be in Hogwarts and not so soon. She turned back to her father, ignoring his gaze.

"Good Lord, Arthur. What did you have to sell to get seats in the top box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?"

Fudge wasn't listening, instead speaking again. "Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest."

"How — how nice," said Mr Weasley with an obviously strained smile.

Her father looked at Hermione, his lip curling slightly. The girl went slightly pink but still continued to stare back at him determinedly. Cassie knew her father couldn't say anything in the presence of the Minister so he instead continued down to his seat, the other three following behind him.