FORTY-ONE

— 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭 —

𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA RAISED HER WAND AT HIM but he was faster. "Expelliarmus!" he croaked with Ron's wand.

Her, Harry and Hermione's wands all shot out of their hands and Black caught them. Then he took a step closer, fixed on Harry. "I thought you'd come and help your friend. Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... it will make everything much easier..."

Cassie looked at him in disgust, remembering what her mother told the twins about Sirius Black. Harry's father was supposed to be his closest friend and instead Black was the reason the former was dead. She felt ashamed to be related to the convict.

This comment had also seemed to rub Harry the wrong way as he suddenly lunged forward, but was pulled back by Hermione and Ron. "No, Harry!" Hermione said in a petrified whisper.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too!" said Ron fiercely, standing up on his bad leg. The action had drained him of more colour and he swayed slightly on the spot, Cassie moving quickly to support him in case he fell.

"Lie down," Black suddenly said quietly to the redhead. "You will damage that leg even more."

"Like you care! You're the one that damaged it in the first place!" Cassiopeia spat.

"You're Narcissa's child, aren't you? Wouldn't expect you to be here," he remarked.

"Yeah? Well, I am. Ron's right — you'll have to kill all four of us!"

"There'll only be one murder here tonight," he said, his grin widened.

"Why's that?" asked Harry, trying to wriggle his way out of Ron and Hermione's grip. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those muggles to get at Pettigrew... what's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"

"Harry! Be quiet!" Hermione whimpered.

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared, then broke free of his restraint and jumped onto the man, driving his fist to the side of Black's head, and they both fell backwards into the wall.

It was chaos. Harry was punching Black continuously, Ron and Hermione were trying to pull him off, and Crookshanks attempted to grab Harry's wand but Harry kicked the cat away, snatching his wand. Cassiopeia simply stood by, not attempting to get any closer, avoiding getting hit.

Harry pointed his wand straight at Black's heart. "Are you going to kill me, Harry?"

Cassie wouldn't doubt it. The way Harry was looking at him seemed like he was ready to choke him out with his bare hands, despite being much smaller than the man. But, just before Harry could act — "Expelliarmus!"