THIRTY-FIVE

— 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 —

𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA ADJUSTED HER DRESS as she looked into the mirror, preparing for the Greengrass ball. She supposed the party would be much more fun than the annual Malfoy dinner which she and Draco quickly got tired of.

It was a green velvet dress with a sweetheart neckline that had slight sparkles which glimmered in the light. She paired it with a navy blue cloak to keep her warm and silver jewellery that was gifted by her mother. 

The door to her room opened abruptly and her brother strode into her room. "Draco!" Cassie exclaimed.

"Yes, yes, I know. Knock before entering. Father asks if you're ready," said Draco, rolling his eyes. He had been wearing black robes with the same velvet material. Cassiopeia hummed as to say 'yes' before stepping to him, adjusting his robes, though he swatted her hand away. In turn, she brushed her hand through his hair.

"Cass! Do you know how long it took me to do my hair?" he exclaimed dramatically, turning to her mirror and attempting to fix it.

"Oh, you'll be fine. Let's go," she replied nonchalantly, pulling his arm and leading him downstairs, though not without earning a glare from him.

Cassiopeia took in the appearance of the Greengrass manor as the Malfoy family approached it. It looked like a friendlier version of the Malfoy one — the grass was much greener (unironically) and the exterior had a lighter tone. Even the flagstone that led to the entrance of the house was much brighter.

A house-elf at the entrance led them to the hall which was already full of people, some Cassioepia already recognised from the Malfoy gatherings she attended. Other pureblooded families and ministry members were here as well. Her father wasn't lying when he said they were very influential.

"Ah, Lucius!" called a brunette man with hazel eyes like Daphne's, approaching the family and shaking her father's hand. "And Narcissa, of course. Lovely you four could make it!"

"Yes, Cyrus. It's a pleasure to be here," said Lucius.

"And of course, the twins — Draco and Cassiopeia. How are your studies."

"They're fine, sir," answered Draco.

"Good, good. I must say, hearing a Malfoy being sorted into Gryffindor was quite a shock to hear! It must certainly be a unique experience."

Cassie's face dropped slightly but she still put on a tight but present smile. "Yes, it is..."

"Well, don't let me keep you! There are plenty of refreshments and hors d'oeuvres around. And for the twins, Daphne shouldn't be too far off in that direction," he pointed towards the left. "She's been waiting for you."