SEVENTY

— 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 —

𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

THE END OF TERM HAD CAUGHT UP to Cassiopeia quickly, which only meant that the time for her and Draco to go back home for the holidays was becoming closer.

Cassiopeia could think of many reasons why she did not want to go back to the manor. Going back meant she would only be across the hall from Draco, whom she had still not had a proper conversation with since the stunt he had pulled at the match. It meant she would have to see her father again, who she could no longer look in the eye without thinking about what he was doing when he wasn't around, now that he had resumed his role as a death eater. But worst of all, it meant she would have to soon face the reality of her situation in the manor again.

Being a part of the D.A. was incredibly enjoyable and she was happy Harry had something else to worry about other than Umbridge and the ministry. However, as fun as it was to be in it, it was even more dangerous. She had tried not to think much of it since the first meeting, but she could no longer avoid thinking about the looming consequences. The Dark Lord is back, she reminded herself. And he had been inside the manor before. With her father being held in such high esteem, there was no doubt there would be more meetings to come that he would attend.

The only comfort Cassiopeia had was the fact that she would only be at the manor for two weeks before she could return to Hogwarts. That, and the fact that she would not have to see him face to face — as long as she stayed in her room, the holidays would go by quickly.

So Cassie tried to cloud her mind with other things in the last few days of term. Whether it was the D.A. meetings or trying to learn occlumency on her own. It was hard but she forced herself to attempt it anyway. She knew she would have to learn it if she wanted to conceal everything she had been doing against her family's wishes.

Cassiopeia pushed open the door that led into the Room of Requirement for the last meeting before the term ended the next day. Already in there was Harry, Luna, Angelina, Katie and Alicia. Harry looked at Cassie the moment she stepped in and walked up to her, cutting his conversation with the three chasers short as though waiting for the slightest sign of an escape route.

"Hey Harry," Cassiopeia greeted as he approached. "You okay?"

"Yeah — Angelina was just telling me she replaced me with Ginny," Harry responded glumly.

"Ginny? I didn't know she could play," Cassie said in surprise.

"Me neither. But then again, I didn't know you could play either — you could have tried out for the team."

"Quidditch is not for me. Not anymore anyway," Cassiopeia said defeatedly. "Besides, I don't think I could handle Angelina down my neck every time for practice. I don't know how you do it."