SEVENTEEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

To stop her from thinking about the conversation she and Hermione had, Cassie had occupied her mind with more pressing matters – the Halloween feast.

Last year, thanks to a certain poltergeist, Cassie couldn't go to the feast. And even if she had, she supposed it would still get interrupted due to there being a troll in the dungeons. But now, especially since Quirrell was gone, she was certain there would be nothing to interrupt the evening.

Cassiopeia had been walking through one of the hallways, spending her time inside the castle instead of outside due to the fact that it was heavily raining. There wasn't much to do usually – she would have gone to the Slytherin team practices but it had felt pretty boring sitting down and doing nothing while the rest were flying. There were some days when she, Dean and Seamus had spent their time in the common room playing games, but on other occasions, she preferred wandering around the castle by herself.

Just as she was doing that day. Before they started Hogwarts, the twins had always planned to spend every minute together, just like they always did. But now times were different, and they were separated by different houses, friends and schedules. 

Sometimes Cassie could bear it, but other days she couldn't help but feel like an outsider while the others talked about 'Slytherin things'.

I know what it means to be an outsider, Theodore Nott had said to her last year during the Christmas break. She never knew what he had meant before. How would he know what it's like? He was a Slytherin, and he had friends – or at least that's what he told her.

She never did see the boy around outside of class, and could never tell. She wondered what he had done all those times she never saw him. Perhaps he was walking around the castle, just like she had been doing. Cassie never thought she'd see the day when she actually wanted to talk to Theodore.

It seemed Cassie was too lost in her thoughts as she had suddenly kicked over a pail in the corridor, tripping over it and knocking down its contents. "Damn it!" she exclaimed as soapy water poured down the corridor.

Cassie tried to turn away from the scene, knowing it wouldn't look good if she happened to be seen by Filch. But as she did, she met eyes with the very caretaker. "You!" he yelled. "Knocking down my water! You kids think you can take the mick out of me now that I'm sick, eh?"

"It wasn't my fault – I didn't see the pail!" she argued, but there was no helping it. 

"That's what they all say! You're coming with me, Malfoy." Cassie glared at the caretaker, following him begrudgingly, muttering insults under her breath.