FIFTY-THREE

— 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 —

𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WALKED AROUND HOGSMEADE, Cedric beside her as the both of them were equally in desperate need of fresh air.

 Cassie found herself spending less and less time in the Gryffindor common room to the point where she only really saw Dean and Seamus during lessons; most of her time was spent with Draco or Theo.

She was glad she was at least able to speak with Cedric for once — now that he was a champion, she found that he was constantly surrounded by admirers. Even as they were walking, many students passed by, wishing him luck in the upcoming task. 

"I wish people would stop wearing those badges," he muttered as they passed the eleventh person sporting Draco's badge.

"Yeah," Cassiopeia responded, her voice drifting off as she looked away guiltily, knowing she herself owned one, though at least she barely wore it. "Do you have any idea what the first task'll be?" she asked, changing the topic.

"Not yet," he said with a sigh. 

"Makes no sense why they wouldn't give the champions something as little as a hint to prepare for the first task. No wonder tons of people died in the tournament," she remarked, then noticed Cedric shooting her a 'you're not helping' look. "Sorry," she added sheepishly.

"You are right, though. I'll just have to hope I know enough spells to get me through whatever they're throwing at us."

"Hey, I have an idea! How about I help you with the tournament? I could be your little helper or something," she suggested hopefully.

"I don't know... champions aren't really supposed to get outside help," he said uncertainly.

"Oh, come on! I can bet my wand Potter, Krum and Delacour are getting help. Besides, I know as much as you do about the tasks, and I know less magic. Not really putting you at an advantage, is it? Just think of it as moral support," she explained, looking at him eagerly.

He let out another sigh, then smiled at her, giving in. "Alright, fine."

Cassiopeia clapped her hands together in excitement. "Brilliant! You'll be winning the tournament in no time!"

Soon it was time for the students to go back to the castle. Cassiopeia spent the rest of her day in the common room, for once, reading about previous tournaments whilst thinking of ways she could actually assist Cedric.

If she was being honest, she was quite worried about him being a champion. After all, there were so many things happening that seemed like something bad was coming. Now that she realised Harry never put his name in, it now dawned on her that someone else must have. Whether an older student did it as a sick joke or there was a more ominous reason.