THIRTY

— 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬 —

𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA HAD BEEN WALKING WITH HER BROTHER as he entertained a large crowd of people with a story he overhead from Neville Longbottom. According to him, Harry had fainted when the dementors came, and Draco couldn't stop talking about it ever since.

Just then, the very Gryffindor passed the crowd and Draco took the opportunity to do an impression of a swooning fit, causing those around him to laugh. Cassiopeia simply rolled her eyes before walking over to the Gryffindor table and dropping down into the seat next to Dean. Just then, Cassie heard a shriek from Pansy on the other side of the hall, "Hey, Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooooo!"

Cassie turned to Dean with a frown. "No offence, but your brother's a prat," he said to her and Seamus, his mouth full, hummed in agreement.

"Can't disagree with that," muttered Cassie, glancing at Draco who was now howling with laughter as he pretended to faint yet again. "What do we have first?" she asked as she turned back to them, changing the subject.

The two examined their new timetables. "Divination," they both answered at the same time. Cassie groaned. 

"Isn't Divination all the way up in the North Tower? That's gonna take ages to get up to!" Cassiopeia exclaimed. 

"It could be worse. We could have had Divination in the Astronomy Tower," reasoned Seamus, taking another bite out of his toast.

"True," said Cassie. After all, the Astronomy Tower was the tallest one in the castle. Having to traverse there for Astronomy once a week was already bad enough. She took another look at the new timetable. "We have Care of Magical Creatures after lunch," she noted. They would be having both their elective classes that day.

She subconsciously looked up to where Harry, Ron and Hermione were sitting, who was now talking with Hagrid. It was announced the previous night at the feast that Hagrid would take over the post of Care of Magical Creatures teacher after Professor Kettleburn retired.

"Is your dad still mad about last term?" asked Dean as he noticed her looking at the trio.

Dean and Seamus were the only ones she told about her father being mad after she entered the Chamber of Secrets. Though she hadn't told them the whole story, of course; she left out the bits with her father contributing to the opening of the chamber in the first place as it probably wouldn't have been a good look.

"Yep. But if I stay clear of all Potter's drama I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge," Cassie said before looking to the now emptying hall. "I say we go up to class now. Divination's in the North Tower so it'll be better we go early."