EIGHTEEN

— 𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 —

𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA AND DRACO WERE PRIVY TO THE STORY OF THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS, unlike most students. 

When they were younger, though not too much, their father had told them about it. How it was built to rid Hogwarts of muggleborns. He told them it had first opened about fifty years ago, though the culprit had been found and put in Azkaban. A muggleborn had died, he told them.

But that was about it. Draco had asked him to tell them more, but he never did. He thought it would be best if they were not to know about it as the subject was to be kept quiet. 

Cassiopeia remembered her father's words in Diagon Alley. 'The school could use some ridding of certain students'. It was happening again, and Cassie was sure he had played some role in opening the chamber.

The only problem was Cassie knew he hadn't done it – the Malfoys were certainly not related to Salazar Slytherin. She did not know who the heir was, this time or the last. She didn't wish to know who the heir was. This was unlike her brother.

He made it very clear he wished to know who the heir was – wanted to help him carry out the deed of getting rid of the muggleborns, he said. 

Ever since he had said what he had said when the message had gone discovered, everyone had started looking uneasily at Cassiopeia, glancing at her every once in a while and turning away quickly when she looked them in the eye. It seemed most people thought she and her brother had a hand in attacking Mrs Norris and writing the message on the wall. 

Well, everybody but Seamus and Dean, who had thankfully treated her as normally as ever. She had felt thankful for the boys as she was beginning to feel even more out of place with everyone looking at her as if she was a murderer.

But Cassie wasn't the only one who had got the treatment. Everyone had found it suspicious that Harry Potter had just happened to be standing at the scene before everybody else. Cassie had spotted Justin Finch-Fletchley, a boy in Hufflepuff, run away from Harry one day in a lesson, which Cassie scoffed at.

The news of the Chamber had been buzzing around, yet no one seemed to know exactly what it was – they certainly wanted to know. That was clear as it had been brought up in one lesson.

It had been History of Magic with Professor Binns, who had been so ancient, he hadn't even realised he was dead as he woke up one day and carried out the rest of the day without knowing he was a ghost.

Cassie, who was doodling on a piece of parchment with her head resting on her arm, was not paying attention. That was until a familiar voice asked the professor, "I was wondering if you could tell us anything about the Chamber of Secrets."