TWENTY-SEVEN

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA FELT LIKE A FAILURE. She had disappointed her father, despite her vowing not to do so again. And now there was no telling what her father would do to her. After all, thanks to her, he had been sacked from his role as a school governor. 

She couldn't find it in herself to enjoy her last remaining days at Hogwarts as all she could think of was how badly she would be punished. She didn't smile one bit  – not when all the petrified students were revived, not when Gryffindor won the cup thanks to the points she, Ron and Harry received – not even when it was announced exams were cancelled.

And ever since she saw her father, she had purposely avoided Draco. She no longer went to the Slytherin tables to eat meals with him and even convinced Madam Pomfrey that she was ill so that she wouldn't have to go to her Potions lessons which she sat next to Draco.

However, her attempts to avoid him hadn't gone unnoticed by him, as he tried on multiple occasions to speak with his twin, though she'd usually pace away whenever he'd come near. She felt lousy for ignoring her brother, but she still wanted to do all she could to avoid the inevitable conversation between her and Draco.

But it seemed Cassiopeia couldn't keep this up for long as, while she was walking down the halls of Hogwarts on the very last day, she had been pulled aside and into an empty classroom. She raised a hand to attack the culprit but immediately stopped herself as she stared into familiar grey eyes, quite similar to her father's, though not as cold.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" he asked her bluntly, an unimpressed look on his face.

Cassie sighed. She knew they had to eventually talk – doesn't mean she dreaded it any less. "I'm sorry," she muttered lowly.

"You're sorry? And what about you hanging out with blood traitors? Are you sorry about that as well?"

There it was. The exact reason she didn't want to speak with Draco. She was obviously in huge trouble with her father, which was expected. But her brother was a whole other story. She was pleasantly surprised when Draco accepted her after being a Gryffindor, despite her believing he would shun her instead.

But that time wasn't her fault. She didn't choose to be a Gryffindor –  Draco knew that. But this time was her choice. She wasn't forced to go into the chamber with Ron and Harry, the three on a mission to save Ginny. She could have easily left them without batting an eye, but she didn't. She made the decision to go into that chamber, and now she was paying the price for it.

"I shouldn't have gone into the chamber," she said simply.

"You think? What were you thinking?" he exclaimed at her, but cut her off, not giving her time to respond. "When father finds out, he'll be furious with you!"