TWELVE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY Draco was very pleased with his predicament. 

He had smiled menacingly at the trio as they watched him nervously, contemplating what they should do. The three of them usually huddled up together while glancing at Cassie with uncertainty, talking to each other in hushed voices.

Meanwhile, Cassie had ignored them. Unlike Draco, who was planning to tell on them, she wanted to see the dragon again. She had never seen one in real life so seeing one then was extremely fascinating for her, not to mention seeing it hatch from its egg.

It seemed the three of them were still visiting the dragon, as one morning she had noticed Ron sporting a swollen and bandaged hand. It had gotten so green to the point where he had to go to the hospital wing.

Her brother, not wanting to pass an opportunity to mock the Weasley, had gone to Madam Pomfrey requesting one of Ron's books, taunting him with his knowledge of the dragon.

It had seemed the trio had enough of Draco's antics as they approached her one day. "Malfoy! We know you know!"

"You know I know what?" Cassie asked them innocently, pretending not to have a clue as to what they were referring to. 

"About the you-know-what," Harry elaborated in a whisper.

"I in fact do not know what. Would you care to be more specific?"

Hermione scoffed. "The dragon. We saw you and your brother peeping through the window. Mal– your brother has been hinting at it all week and you need to tell him not to tell Professor McGonagall!"

"And why would I do that?" Cassie asked cheekily, knowing she was getting on their last nerves.

"Because we could get detention – or expelled!" Hermione said with a look of horror on her face as if being expelled was the worse thing to occur in the world. Cassie looked at both of them before sighing.

"Fine. I'll tell Draco not to. But only on one exception. I get to see the dragon again–"

"Deal!" Harry said immediately.

"I wasn't done," she said, throwing a scowl at him. "I get to see the dragon again and Draco gets to come with me." 

"What? Have you gone mad? Malfoy can't come!" Harry exclaimed.

"He's right – he isn't coming," Hermione agreed.

"Alright, that's fine. But if he isn't, we tell Dumbledore," Cassie countered, smirking as the two of them shared a look. They turned around, conferring with each other before turning back to her.