THIRTY-ONE

— 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 —

𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

"THAT SLING MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT," Cassie told her brother as they walked out of the hospital wing.

"Be nice. I was just viciously maimed, you know," Draco responded with a smirk.

The twins were able to get out of part of their morning lessons after Draco convinced Madam Pomfrey that his arm wasn't okay and would need Cassie to walk him down for 'emotional support'. Cassiopeia was almost certain the matron wasn't convinced but had still allowed it, knowing Draco would have whined about it the whole day if otherwise. 

"You weren't viciously maimed, you were just being stupid and didn't listen when Hagrid said offending the hippogriff would get you attacked."

"Whatever. At least I got to miss most of my lessons this week. Plus it gives the school a reason to fire that oaf."

"Fire? He didn't do anything wrong, Draco. It would be cruel to get him fired after he just got the job."

"He's a man the size of a tree with a brain the size of a pea," he deadpanned. "I'm sure it will be doing everyone a favour if he was let go."

"And you think Dumbledore would actually fire him?"

"Probably not. That's why I sent a letter to mother and father, and they aren't happy. Even if they can't do anything about Hagrid, I'm sure father will make sure that stupid chicken will be put down.

Cassie stopped in her tracks, grabbing Draco by his free arm. "What's wrong with you? Hagrid is a decent teacher. Sure, he's probably not the brightest, nor the most talented... but he's decent! He's going to be devastated if Buckbeak is executed! And those hippogriffs are cute! They don't deserve to be killed just because you're petty!"

"Cass, when have I ever shown that I care anything about how that lout feels?" he said, walking off again and Cassie fell into step with him. "Besides, father already knows and he won't just ignore it. And, having this sling has some extra benefits."

"Such as?"

"I can make everyone do what I want. And you don't have to be upset about it, you know. I did get you out of lessons, didn't I?"

The two Malfoys opened the door to the Potions classroom. It was already halfway into the lesson so Cassiopeia went up to the front to give Professor Snape the slip from Madam Pomfrey to excuse their tardiness. 

"How is it, Draco," simpered Pansy. "Does it hurt much?"

"Yeah," said Draco, putting on a brave sort of grimace, though winked at Cassie, Crabbe and Goyle as Pansy turned away.