SIXTY-ONE

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

CASSIOPEIA WOULD'VE NEVER THOUGHT she'd miss a train station so much.

All the people rushing back and forth across the platform with their trunks as they squeezed their way onto the train had given her the comforting familiarity of normal.

Nearly all of them looked to not have a care in the world, other than getting on board on time. There were only a few she could spot with paranoid expressions. She couldn't blame them. Everything was changing, as much as the ministry wanted to deny it.

She turned to the left, a smile forming on her lips as she saw Harry standing not too far from the barrier, accompanied by Mrs Weasley and an old woman Cassie didn't recognise.

She then looked down, her smile broadening as she recognised a great, black dog standing by the three. Sirius. He seemed to have spotted her too as he wagged his tail at her — she sent him a subtle wave before turning back to her family, hoping they did not spot the interaction.

With Wormtail back on the side of the Dark Lord, there was no doubt that he had informed him about Sirius being an animagus, which meant her father knew as well. 

That was the worst part of it all. Knowing there was a chance Wormtail was in the same manor as her. Cedric's murderer. She already wanted to get back at him for knocking her out but with Cedric's death, all she could think of was what she would do to him if she'd ever see him again.

"Got to go, Cass," said Draco as they stepped onto the train, "they want all the prefects to meet the head boy and girl."

"Go on then — no one's stopping you," she responded offhandedly.

"Take my trunk for me?" he asked, but Cassie just stared at him blankly. He rolled his eyes. "I'll just find Crabbe and Goyle then," he said as he walked away.

Cassiopeia sighed, walking through the aisle looking for a compartment to sit in.

She finally found one where Theo was sitting, along with Daphne, Tracey and Blaise. She greeted them all as she put up her trunk and then headed for the door again. "What? Not staying," Theo asked as she was about to leave.

"I wanna see someone first," she said, then left, peering through the doors of every compartment as she searched for the one she was looking for.

She blinked as she opened the compartment door. It was an incredibly strange sight.

Harry, Ginny, Neville and a girl with dirty blonde hair were all covered with a thick, dark green liquid that smelled horrible as if they rubbed slime on them for the fun of it. Neville looked at Harry, who seemed to have gotten the worst of it, guiltily, holding a weird, grey cactus that was covered in boils and was most likely the cause for their appearance.