NINE

— 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 —

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

Ever since the first quidditch match, Draco had been trying to get under Harry's skin constantly. Not only was mad about Harry being the newly appointed seeker, but he had also been disgusted that Slytherin had managed to lose. 

On top of all of that, he had been giving Cassiopeia the silent treatment due to her not going to the match with her, and also for supporting Gryffindor. She found his reaction absolutely ridiculous. Obviously she was going to root for her own house, it shouldn't have come as a surprise. She repeatedly told him to get over himself. 

It wasn't until the middle of November that he finally spoke to her again. And now it was December, and the Christmas holidays were quickly approaching. The castle was now completely covered in several feet of snow and the nippy air seeped into the castle. Most lessons had the students shivering, trying to get through the day. The Gryffindor common room was almost always full, full of people trying to surround themselves around the fireplace.

Potions had been the most unbearable, even for Cassie who loved the subject, as the dungeons were always freezing, even when it was not cold out. Despite this, Draco still went out of his way to make Harry feel miserable, as he constantly spoke out in class. "I do feel so sorry," he started loudly as Cassie had measured out their ingredients, looking directly at Harry. "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

Crabbe and Goyle chuckled at his quip like idiots, while Cassie rolled her eyes. It seemed Draco realised his joke about Harry getting replaced as seeker was getting old and went back to old methods of taunting him instead.

Harry, however, didn't pay any mind to her brother, instead focusing on his own potion. Cassiopeia never knew his proper living arrangements, though she did know, like most people, both his parents were dead. Considering he came to Hogwarts with little to no information about the wizarding world, she could only assume the people he had been staying with were muggles.  

Right after potions, the twins had been walking down the corridor when they had been stopped as Ron and Harry had been blocking the way as they spoke to Hagrid who was carrying a large fir tree. "Would you mind moving out of the way?" her brother said to Ron. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose – that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to."

At this, Ron dived onto Draco's robes. Cassie was just about to drag the redhead off when Snape appeared. "Weasley!"

Ron immediately let go of her brother's robes, albeit reluctantly. "He was provoked, Professor Snape," Hagrid said through the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family."