THIRTY-EIGHT

— 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 —

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

' *•.¸.•** . **•.¸.•*'

IT WAS THE SECOND TIME Sirius Black had broken into Hogwarts, both times trying to get into the Gryffindor common room, only this time he succeeded. 

No Gryffindor slept that night. Lavender was crying and Parvati was busy comforting her. Hermione was clearly shaken. After all, it was her best friend who was woken by Black. To make it all worse, Professor McGonagall announced that the convict had managed to escape yet again.

The next day it was clear the security was tightened: Filch was running around boarding up every nook and cranny and Sir Cadogan was sacked, replaced with the Fat Lady who only agreed to take the job back if she was given extra protection. Now security trolls had guarded her, pacing around the corridor menacingly.

The only person who seemed to be enjoying the experience was surprisingly Ron. Cassiopeia walked past him on multiple occasions recounting the details of that night to anyone who asked. The more and more she heard him retell the tale, Cassie began to wonder why it had been him who experienced it in the first place.

From what she'd heard about Black from her mother, he'd want to target Harry. So what had Ron got to do with it? And why did he run when Ron woke up? Perhaps he'd figured he'd gotten the wrong bed or he would most likely be caught after being spotted by the redhead.

On the other hand, Neville seemed to be getting the worse out of the ordeal. He was now banned from future Hogsmeade trips and now no one was allowed to give him the password to him, and the poor boy was now forced to wait outside the common room every night waiting for someone to let him in. And worse of all, his grandmother had sent him a howler during breakfast, causing the entire Slytherin table to explode with laughter as they watched Neville attempting to run out of the hall with the letter in his hand.

Other than Sirius Black's second break-in, Cassiopeia had more news to deal with. Buckbeak's trial was quickly approaching. From what Cassie was hearing, Hagrid was most definitely losing the trial, so there was nothing she could do about it. 

The same couldn't be said for the trio, who Cassiopeia could see were working hard to figure out how to win the case. Cassie had always spotted Hermione reading books on law and magical creatures.

Meanwhile, Draco seemed to be anticipating the news that Buckbeak would be executed, which was likely to come on Saturday, the day of their next Hogsmeade trip. Cassiopeia always thought herself to be similar to her brother — after all, they were twins — but she could not justify his amusement in other people's misery. 

Soon, the trip to Hogsmeade came and Cassiopeia found herself going with her brother again, but with the things he was talking about, she rather wished she hadn't. She loved Draco dearly, but these days he was becoming quite insufferable.