Chapter 40

Chapter 40

    "It's too quiet..."

    Sinan lowered his eyes slightly, his expression didn't change, but the knuckles holding the machete were already turning white.

    His voice was very soft, as if he was worried about disturbing something: "In the jungle, it shouldn't be so quiet..."

    Yan Mu suddenly looked up and looked around as if he had suddenly come to his senses.

    ...

    The location they are now can be regarded as a mountainous area...

    From the time they got off the expressway and decided to improve their strength first and delay the progress of the journey, Yan Mu and Si Nan have not traveled much, but their current position has deviated A lot of the original roads were lost, plus the vegetation that grew faster after the heavy rain a few days ago, now this area has become almost like a deep mountain and old forest.

    Before, although the forest was quiet, there would be melodious birdsong from the tall and dense canopy, accompanied by the fluttering of wings, the rustling of dead leaves and branches, and the roar of unknown creatures in the distance , and various subtle sounds made by various insects crawling on the ground, together forming the most harmonious movement in the forest.

    Since they started the path of evolution and became evolutionaries, although they didn't seem to have changed much on the surface, in fact, they have become much stronger than before in terms of physique and five senses...

    It's like going through a genetic war. Level jump!

    They can smell more clearly, see farther, and hear more voices...

    But at this moment, Yan Mu suddenly discovered that the whole world is nothing but the rustling of the leaves made by the breeze. There was no noise, it was as quiet as a dead zone!

    Yan Mu's expression suddenly became extremely dignified.

    If something goes wrong, there must be a monster...

    Looking at the current posture, it must be a big monster!

    ...

    After a while, she got up slowly, first lightly stuffed a large handful of prickly ash on her hands into her backpack, then quickly and lightly moved to Sinan's side, and whispered: "What's going on? Since when? It started?" The

    sudden warm breath from his ears made Sinan's body stiffen, and he pursed his lips unnaturally.

    However, he has always been able to control his emotions, so no one else noticed this abnormality, and quickly said to Yan Mu in a low voice, "I didn't notice it before, but after I felt something was wrong, it was already like this.

    " As time went by, the atmosphere in the jungle became more and more tense and weird. Everyone seemed to be intimidated by an invisible air pressure, as if even breathing became difficult...

    Yan Mu didn't dare to delay any longer, just pondered for a moment Then he said decisively: "Then let's go back now, everyone be careful."

    After finishing speaking. She also turned her head and glanced at the mutated pepper tree that she had only picked half of, with a regretful expression on her face.

    This is a mutated Zanthoxylum bungeanum...

    What a pity!

    Haven't picked much yet!