|| 118 || Afraid 🐔 O/AnCo

Art by whitem (whiteemperor2020) on Danbooru

━━━━━━━

Takanashi Kiara + !Gender Neutral!Reader

Girl hot and sometimes they need love and affection and comfort

Word Count → 1117 Words

Warnings → Short, but fluffy. Call me Sappho because women 😌

My god I am so gay for Kiara it is unbelievable someone stop me you can't

━━━━━━━

There was something about the river that just soothed you.

The way the waves lapped so seamlessly at grassy banks, the light from the globes that lined the street reflecting off of the rippling waves. A sweet Autumn breeze tussled your hair and tugged at your scarf. A warm body pressed against yours, and you spared a glance at the perfect woman next to you.

Her hair was highlit by the light behind her, turning free and loose strands a beautiful golden colour. Locks of orange held in a low ponytail that fell over her back, and curls of turquoise cascaded over her shoulders. Her face was flushed a soft pink colour, a colour that complimented her fierce, pink eyes perfectly. You swore you could see galaxies sparkle in those depths. You felt your heart flutter at the sight of her small, serene smile.

She returned the look you gave her, and her smile grew ever so slightly. She didn't seem all that bothered by the cold, though she was all too happy to share the scarf the two of you wore.

There was something about these walks you took that made your life that much better. A little moment in time that belonged just to the two of you to exist together in.

"Hey," She spoke, reaching hesitantly for your hand. "Can you make me a promise?" Her accent lilted in a certain manner that was just so Kiara. You nodded, mouth covered by the scarf.

"Can you promise to hold my hand whenever I'm scared?" You were confused. She was a warrior many millions of years your senior. She had fought more wars off Earth than on, she had seen the birth of planets and danced with death, always a breath out of reach. But, you supposed, that even the strongest could be scared sometimes.

You nodded.

The two of you continued to walk in silence for a few more minutes. Tugging your scarf down, you watched your breath coalesce in front of you, thick clouds of fog that disappeared moments later. Kiara had started humming a song, and you couldn't tear your eyes away when the wind blew through her hair. It flowed like a silken river. Beautiful was the only word that came to mind.

Her touch was so light you weren't sure you felt it at first, but sure enough, Kiara let her heated hands wrap carefully around yours. Her palms were slightly calloused, as were the pads of her fingers. You could only imagine it was from swinging her sword around like the warrior she was. However, they were still relatively smooth and wound around your hand perfectly, like a missing puzzle piece.

"Are you afraid?" You quirked your eyebrow. Kiara pursed her lips like she was in deep thought.

"Yes," She finally said. She kept her gaze front-facing like she didn't want to meet your eyes. You did the same, turning your view to the lapping river.

"What of?" Another cloud of fog furled from between your lips.

Kiara didn't respond. For a moment you were afraid you'd upset her, and when you turned to look you could see the tell-tale trickle of tears flowing down her rosy cheeks.

"Kiara?" You froze and she did the same. There was no hesitation as you took her face in your free hand, wiping away a few of the tears with a gentle touch. You almost melted as she leaned into the touch, like the very warmth from your hand was comforting.

Neither of you said anything. You just let her shed her tears, with you by her side in silent support.

You couldn't imagine the sight you would be to a passerby. Two people caught in the moment, two people who were very much in love. You carefully pulled Kiara into your arms, tucking your face next to hers and breathing her in. The smell of citrus and windy meadows, with an underlying scent of chicken gravy that clung to her hair.

You ran your fingers through her hair, and although the tears had stopped, she still grasped on to you like you were her lifeline.

"I'm scared..." She started, "I'm scared of what's after." You pulled back ever so slightly.

"What do you mean, love?" You tilted your head. Kiara let go of your hand to rub her cheeks, ridding herself of the feeling of tears clinging to her face.

"I'm scared, liebling, of what happens after all of this. You're human, you don't live forever like I do! And then there's the end of my current life cycle..." She trailed off. She reached for your hands again, and this time you beat her to it, intertwining your fingers with hers. She once again leaned into the touch.

"I don't want to forget you," She finally met your eyes. It was a heartbreaking sight. Those beautiful pink eyes clouded with tears still clinging to her thick lashes. You took your hands, still holding hers, and held her face, bringing her a little closer. You carefully kissed her on the tip of her nose, brushing your thumbs over her cheeks with her hands sandwiched between.

Another kiss to the tip of her nose, then you kissed between her eyes before you gently kissed her eyelids. It was slightly salty, but her quiet giggles and shaking shoulders was worth it.

Finally, you stopped to stare at her smile.

"Then let's just enjoy the time we have now. Let's go home and watch movies until the sun rises. Let's fall asleep together as the sun rises. Then we can go out to the new pancake restaurant that opened up down the street," Kiara's smile only grew with each word you said, and her thumb started trailing gently over your knuckles, leaving a line of warmth along your hands.

"Sounds good, Zuckermaus. But you're being the little spoon, I just wanna hold you for now," You just pulled her into another hug, leaning into her warmth as another cool breeze swept past the two of you.

"Deal."

Oh woow I am so normal about her in fact I'm like really normal about her it's so crazy you'll never meet someone more normal than me.

Btw I'm very tempted to write smth about Moona next bcuz Indonesia needs more imo and also I was listening to her cover and Bad Romance and just 💍