Chapter 4 - Reflect

Author's note:

Sorry for not uploading yesterday. I've been incredibly busy but at least I uploaded twice the other day so it doesn't count. I'll probably hustle so I can give 4 uploads on weekends.

Coffee or Milk Tea?

Karma's POV

Well that was rude.

I make sure no one is watching and sniff my underarm. I smell like the rose body wash I regularly use so I scowl in his direction.

I wish he was allergic to roses so he could choke and suffocate.

Reluctantly, I say nothing in return to avoid provoking the unpredictable a-hole and revert the subject back to the task at hand. I go to stand by the girls who apparently are all amused by him, except Ryu.

"The perfume actually smelled like mint" I lock eyes with a determined Ryu, who's furrowing her eyebrows in focus.

"I know. I have no idea where to go from there"

Heda and Rina are focused on the man, basically hypnotized by him.

"Any ideas? Heda? Rina?" I turn to them.

No answer.

I clap once, and loud, looking at them impatiently.

"You don't smell bad." Heda snaps into the present and Rina flinches before whipping her head to me.

We are far past that conversation. They obviously haven't been listening.

"She asked if you have any ideas on what the mint scent could mean." Ryu seems to be growing anxious, and rightfully so.

"Mint... what mint?" Heda asks, chewing on a nail.

A black club appears inside of one of the squares on the projector screen meaning Kyuma's team already cleared the game. They likely viewed the solution.

They want to shake up the players.

The color leaves the faces of the girls and Heda starts to panic. Her eyes dart to different points in the room and her breathing grows heavy.

"If you're afraid of getting a laser through your head, we need to stay focused and get out of here." I make my voice shake and grow louder towards the end.

I internally smirk. I want to mess with them too.

"This is stupid! I'm leaving!" Rina stands up and rushes to the classroom door, swinging it open effortlessly. She looks back at us and scoffs. I stare her down in challenge, hoping to make her question her decision and I see a glimmer of doubt in her eye, but she is unable to master her panic in order to make a rational decision.

"See?"

I don't think she sees the lasers, either.

"RINA, DON'T." Ryu slams her hand on the table and Heda goes to stop Rina.

Too late.