Chapter 36 - Rival

A/N: Sooo I hope you guys enjoyed last chapter because I was literally hollering over it like I would simply collapse if I were Karma.

Anyways. We're finally out of confinement  today hehe.

This chapter is another long one because I got carried away lol.

Enjoy :)

QOTD (2): Favorite subject in school? Mine was math but college ruined it.

Karma's POV

Long before we kissed.

I'm so nosy. Suddenly I have the urge to ask how long that was. This time, I'm able to resist my question and instead pick up the cube again to start and solve it.

Before I can even twist it, he takes the cube out of my hands and places it behind him, forcing me to have to choose between eye contact or looking elsewhere. I guess I'll be brave.

He clasps his hands together in his lap.

"How do you know it's love and not just human attraction?"

"Because it's you I'm attracted to. Not just your appearance. Love is attraction, too, no?"

He nods, "good point."

I chuckle, earning a confused look from him.

"Any other questions?"

He doesn't hesitate to respond with one in full confidence.

"How will I know the difference between falling for you and actually loving you?"

I give him a smile, he needs to lighten up. He looks like he's analyzing this like it's a puzzle to be solved. There's no solving love or knowing how to do love, it just happens.

"I usually know I love someone when I can't see myself at peace without them or their well-being."

He nods, breaking our eye contact, and his demeanor changes completely. Instead of vulnerable, he is now tense and he seems bothered. His eyes wander the floor in front of him in silence before he makes an outstanding suggestion.

"Let's go, there's still cookies in the storage room."

I give a childish grin, like a kid who just got told they're getting ice cream.

Say less, I'm in.

He then subtly smiles and holds out his hand for me to take, standing so he can help me up.

On the way to the storage room, he doesn't let go of my hand. I also notice that the screaming from Matsushita has stopped. I do hear groans, though.

When we get to the storage room, Banda and Yaba are already there and Banda's sleeves and hands are stained with blood. There's even a splatter on his face. Yaba looks cleaner, but satisfied.

Upon entering, Banda smirks and gives a single nod to Chishiya and Ryu winks at us. She holds a rag and is cleaning Banda's bloody hands.

Ryu, you crazy ass.

I did not know she'd be into someone of his history. I'm even more surprised that he seems to care for her too, considering he grabs her another water bottle when she finishes hers.

You do you. I'm happy for them, especially Ryu.

I just hope he isn't using and manipulating her like he did Matsushita. Even though he was the Jack and it was part of the game, I don't entirely deem Banda trustworthy.