Chapter 35 - Falling

A/N: I'm back!! I skipped a day because I had a long day of traveling and stress. Worry not! Regular updates are back now lol.

Here's a long chapter btw hehe. It's twice as long as normal ones.

Alrighty sooo we're going to close up this game with this chapter because I apparently spent like five chapters on it and we need to get on with the story hehe. Pretty much, this game was to give Kishiya some more progress <3 And progress they did... literally screaming ripping my hair out. Karma's just casually living our dream.

Anywaysss I hope you enjoy! It's time to take this story out of confinement :)

QOTD: Do you think with your head or with your heart?

Chishiya's POV

I feel good.

I took a big risk succumbing to my feelings, thinking with my heart instead of my head for once. It's a rare occasion and one I would usually avoid.

Today I learned that giving into these feelings actually hurts less than resisting, and I think I'm happy. A abnormal pounding heart to me before only meant anxiety or cardiac arrest. This time, it felt warm.

This is new territory for me. I hope I don't ruin it.

Pertaining to the Urumi situation, I overstayed in Karma's cell. I'll have to explain what took me so long.

Pacing to the storage room where everyone is seated, I find myself smiling to myself. Only for my smile to turn into a blank-faced panic when I realize something.

I forgot to tell her her symbol.

Ryu should have, anyways.

When I enter the room, Yaba and his woman are nowhere to be seen and Ryu has disappeared with Banda and Matsushita.

I see Urumi sitting on the table, arms crossed and making a pout face.

Does she think this is cute?

I resist gagging and approach her.

"Sorry, Urumi, I found something."

Todays a day for risks. Please understand, Karma. And forgive me, but this has to be done.

Urumi's left eyebrow raises and she stands up, positioning herself in front of me. In order to keep up my facade, I have to imagine she's Karma. I let her wrap her arm around mine and she addresses the group.

"Let's share symbols first," Urumi says, looking back to the remaining players in her group. They nod, except now their positive attitudes are replaced with distrust and hope.

Somehow, upon sharing symbols, they stay honest with Urumi. Same with Ippei and I. Another member of the group isn't so lucky, as per Urumi's request.

I can tell, however, that two of the men and a woman are considering lying to her.

When they share Urumi's symbol, she looks to me and I give her mixed signals. Uncertainty. I need to throw off the trust she has in them.

After this round, it's time for Ippei and I to part from this team.

"Urumi, come." I instruct.

I take her hand and lead her to the room with the big TV. She looks around and smiles flirtatiously.

"See anything?" I cross my arms and rest my weight on one side.

"I see that we're alone," she smirks, snacking on her Pocky.