Chapter 34 - If You Insist

A/N: Hey guys! Welcome to our second upload of the day hehe >:)

Also since I'm traveling, time zones are changing lol but I'll be back to normal in a week!

Also guys!! Lol Judas by Lady Gaga has been giving me hella writing inspo for this story lately. Like for no reason because it's not even the lyrics it's the energy.

QOTD (2): Slow-burns or love at first sight?

Karma's POV

"Spade." I mutter, pondering my recent decisions. I would usually consider myself really stupid for my actions, but no, it was worth it. I haven't had that much genuine non life-threatening fun in so long.

My water bottles are empty and I am desperate to use the restroom. It's so bad that I'm on the actual verge of peeing in the empty water bottle.

My pride won't let me do so, but I am not shy to completely drop it when I need to.

While I'm still tipsy, my mind is clearer than it was an hour ago. Clear enough for me to think and act straight, with a twinge of brutal honesty and bravery.

Maybe I can sneak out for a quick piss.

In the distance, I hear a couple of explosions and pray Ryu isn't amongst them. I hope Chishiya stops by.

I didn't reshuffle the cube because I didn't want him to think I was unable to solve it. The door clicks and I wait, sitting against the wall. My legs are tightly closed, fighting the urge to urinate.

If I pee I'm blaming it on him and I don't care.

The door then opens, then closes and my head snaps up. Ryu steps in and I see she has the cube. It's reshuffled. She tosses it in my tensed lap.

So I see he's been busy. For the sake of my peace of mind, I'm going to choose to trust him here.

"He also has this for you," she hands me some more cookies and water. I nod, taking them and placing them next to me.

For a doctor, this isn't the healthiest thing he could be feeding me.

It could be him.

While I have a blank stare, my mind is internally screaming over what I just thought. I am fed up.

"You still feeling it?" Ryu asks, rubbing the back of her neck.

I look up at her and our eye contact is enough to make me want to laugh again. I may be sobering up, but tipsy and Ryu are not a good combination for that.

"Yep," I crack up and she snorts.

"Well I gotta go, can't be here too long. I'll be back later to update you, though. You know, when you-know-who is dead."

I resist the urge to ask questions about what happened out there between Chishiya and the group leader. I'd only get answers that I don't like.

I'll try to keep my mind off of it, finding comfort in the cube and food he got me.

On the other hand, I still need to pee. I'll just sneak out and take a quick one.

"Oh, also you're a heart," Ryu looks back at me and smiles.

"So are you," I hold up a heart with my hands in a dramatic way.

Tipsy is not doing me good.

"Hang in there girl, I think this is the last round you'll have to hide."