Chapter 27 - Fool for You

A/N: It's official! I'm going to go through with the phase three plan I have. I just really love this story and I want to make it as long as I can. You guys can def choose to stop reading after phase two if you prefer the game ending with there, though. I have another ff idea for AIB, but I've fallen in love with Karma's story so I'm not sure if I want to go through with it.  It would feel like starting on a clean slate. I wouldn't start it will I finish this one, though. What do you guys think?

Anyways! I'm so excited that it's the weekend, because it means I'll have time to give you guys more chapters.

QOTD: What is your MTBI personality? (16 personalities) Mine is ENTJ, your turn ;)

Karma's POV

I feel at peace.

Maybe I really am dead.

I've been stuck in a limbo, unable to move, see, hear. Just me alone in darkness with my thoughts. It's been about an hour and I'm bored out of my mind.

I thought the afterlife would have more to it. This is ass. Boring as hell.

I've had a lot to think about. My life choices, my family's sacrifice, Vanya, Ronan, my friends here. Did I waste it all on a life I was never going to have?

I thought I had no reason to go back.

But my reasons to go back came when it was already too late.

I feel a pulsating pressure in my head and face, and a weight on my chest.

I felt something?

The distant sound of high-pitched beeping slowly creeps in, sounding closer by the second. I then feel a rush, like I'm moving at the speed of light before.

The first glimpse of light I've seen in too long shines through my eyelids and I see red.

I can see.

Maybe I made it to heaven and I was in line to get in or something.

I groan, and try to move anything. I manage to twitch my fingers and toes. I feel so weak, like raising an arm would be too daunting of a task.

Air fills my lungs with a slow breath I take in and I swallow, feeling my dry throat tighten.

Okay, Karma. Let's see where we are.

I dare open my eyes, only to shut them tightly at the sudden burst of light. I then scrunch my face and open one eye, allowing it to adjust.

When I can finally make out my surroundings, I look down to my arm and see an IV inserted in me. My clothes are different. I'm not wearing my black suit anymore. I'm wearing a gown. My eyes wander the room and I realize-

I'm in a hospital.

I feel a throbbing pain in my head and I look around to see that no one is in here with me. I'm so confused. What happened?

The game. Phase two.

I take the needle out of my arm and attempt to sit up, only for my arms to fail me. I can't recall anything after my first shock in the game. I guess if I'm alive then I won.

I lay back, bringing my hand to my head, and lick my lips. They're incredibly dry.

Chishiya... Kuina... Ryu.

They can't be dead. There's no way they lost. They were at an advantage.

I try again to sit up and see a figure in the doorway, staring at me. My eyes aren't focused enough to make out who it is, but my weight rests on my elbows, finally able to sit up a bit. Not. I collapse again.