Chapter 49 - Watch

A/N: Ya girl is back with great news! I got As on both of the papers I submitted last night. Literally thank god cause I was STRESSING hard. I have two final exams this week and I'll be free of this hell.

Anywho, how's life been? I missed it here lol, this is my therapy.

:') guys-

Thank you so much for being so patient and understanding. It means so much and I feel so much better knowing that you guys are supportive of my need to prioritize school and my health. Thank you for that. Truly. I'll be back on track once this finals week ends <3

QOTD: Favorite science or conspiracy theory?

Karma's POV

"Hello?"

It sounds hallowed.

I'm snapped out of a deep daydream. I've been doing this a lot lately in a desperate means to remember what now feels like a distant memory. My eyes wander up to meet Chishiya's and he's now standing in front of me.

I didn't even hear or see him stand from his seat next to me. I must have been really far gone.

"Good, you're back. Your awareness could use some work. Anyways, let's get back. Kuina and Ryu's coffees are getting warm."

He hold up two glass bottles with Starbucks logos on them and waits.

"Sorry," I stand, brushing myself off as if dust had already settled on me.

He sets the bottles on the table.

"Before we go, quick question,"

I raise a brow.

"I thought their drinks were getting warm."

He tilts his head.

"There's ice."

I shrug in acknowledgment, letting him know that I've got no response for that, and cock my head up in a 'what?' motion.

"Were we romantically involved?" He asks.

Woah there.

I nearly vomit. Not because I'm repulsed, but because that was very bold of him and I've been coping the loss of his memory.

Now, I need to respond to this carefully. Do I tell him the truth, or do I act like I don't know what he's talking about?

I'm very shocked at this, as I haven't told him much on the details of my memories. I even acted like we just met. Didn't I literally just tell him that I he seemed familiar? What makes him think I'd know the details of why?

He leans on the table, awaiting an answer. He can tell I'm baffled, and I still can't come up with an answer. He speaks instead.

"Judging by your reaction I'll take that as a yes. Did you work at the hospital? Do we live together? How long as this been going on?"

Someone's eager. I smirk.

"I wasn't aware this was an interrogation."

He narrows his eyes slightly, crossing his arms.

"I know you know something. I've been observing you."

I don't falter, nor do I fold. My demeanor remains strong and steady, and I know he likes it.

"And?"

"Getting to know you, again, I don't mind it. I wasn't expecting something like romance of myself, but you seem like someone I'd gladly tolerate. You're smart and attractive in many ways."