Chapter 28 - Ghost

A/N: Hellooo! Not much to say today, but I hope you guys are enjoying the plot so far. The fight for her life has only begun and she still has yet to face the other citizens.

Thank you for 15k reads and so much support! I'm grateful for you all.

QOTD: What's your zodiac sign? I'm a Taurus <3 I think.

Karma's POV

I stand before a bathroom sink, leaning on it and staring at my reflection.

I just found out that I've been out for about two days. I would have been out permanently if Chishiya didn't figure out my 'four minutes' message.

The reason 'four minutes' was so significant is because I only had a four minute window to be revived. After four minutes, I would have been gone for good. It's something that he, as a doctor, would know.

It was so close.

I nod at myself. I don't look too good, in fact, I look like a ghost. I'm alive, though, and that's what matters.

I shouldn't even be here.

After splashing my face with some water, I tie my hair in a ponytail. Kuina prepared an outfit for me and while it's not my favorite, anything is better than being butt-ass naked under a hospital gown.

I throw on a pair of black cargo shorts and a white tank top that's bound to get dirty, then tie my black tennis shoes over some hospital socks since nothing else was available.

Giving myself one final glance in the mirror, I muster up the guts to face everyone. I internally thank Kuina for giving me some time alone to prepare.

They either hate me or they're afraid of me. It would be no surprise if they even secretly wanted me to die. Can one really blame them? I may not be the person who directly killed their friends and family, but I was on the enemy's side.

They could very well think I'm a murderer, and they'd be right.

Am I a bad person for not regretting it?

The only actions of mine I regret are the deaths of the people I cared about. Vanya and Ronan, for example. I also regret allowing my heart to fold, but that's something I had no control over. I have to live with it and act accordingly.

Ryu could also very easily blame me for the deaths of her friends as well, unless she doesn't associate me with Clubs games. I designed some of the Diamonds games, but none of any other suit.

Arisu and Usagi are probably scared and Ann is likely the one who would have advocated for my death. I would think the same thing if I were her.

There are so many possibilities and I have no way of knowing what they're thinking. I do know one thing: they want answers. Answers I can't give them, otherwise I'll be eliminated.

I just have to face them.

I take a breath and open the restroom door, into the hallways of the hospital. The electricity actually stayed on here, despite my game being cleared.

I was counting on that, it was definitely a gamble on my end.

While my plan didn't go perfectly, Chishiya pulled through and managed to save me.

The hospital was the perfect venue to make that happen. Not only is he a doctor, but the hospital has electricity, meaning the devices and equipment would be useable.