Chapter 31 - Dare

A/N: Soooo we're almost at 20k reads. Look at us go guys! Our story has really grown this past month :) Crying, vomiting, screaming, breakdancing, drowning. (Happily)

ALSO!!! I'd like to thank @UzumakiSayuri for correcting an oopsie I did. I got the name of the Jack wrong lol in the previous chapter. It's been corrected though :) Yaba is the businessman, not the Jack lol.

Anywaysss I hope you enjoy! Not much more to say other than thank you <3

QOTD: If you were in Avatar (The Last Airbender) what element would you bend? Hehe. Mine would be water. Did you guys know that Netflix is making a live action of this? I'm literally losing my mind over it.

Karma's POV

Round two closes with a single explosion.

I don't have to see who it is to know who it is, either. The bully's tactic was foolish and he set himself up for failure.

Physical strength means nothing when words are the single deadliest weapon in this game.

I exit the cell and instinctively look to my right without thinking. Chishiya steps out and my mind is eased.

Ryu, who's across from us, approaches us this time. We know where everyone is heading already, so we're not worried about our groups. I make eye contact with the leader of my group as she walks away and mischievous smile creeps onto her lips.

"So what were you doing in the cell?" Ryu asks, not bothering to be in the slightest bit discreet.

"Sharing symbols," I respond, daring her to go  any further.

And dare she does.

"Symbols aren't the only thing you're sharing" she lets out a broken giggle before walking off towards the storage room, swinging her hips and basically strutting.

I admire her audacity.

I'm also too stunned to speak. I look to Chishiya and the corner of his lip curls up in the subtlest way possible. He then looks around, watching a couple carefully.

"What is wrong with you?" I say under my breath to the back of her head. I would say that I don't understand her deal, but I understand her deal a little too much.

She's basically Nati, but blonde instead of a dyed strawberry. I wish Kuina were here to see this. They'd have a lot of fun attacking me.

Ippei then approaches us and he looks distressed. His eyebrows are furrowed and his overall energy is uneasy. He says nothing, and his eyes stay locked on the ground.

Chishiya immediately gets to business.

"Let's go." He glares at me a final time before leading Ippei away.

I stand, thinking deeply about what happened just under ten minutes ago. We're confined here anyways. I might as well have fun with it.

I want to break him.

Now alone in the hall, I spot a business man in the distance and his woman. They're pressed into a small intent in the wall, by a window. He has her wrapped around his finger and it's the perfect arrangement.

If she didn't betray him. I don't trust her. She might just be as talented as Matsushita in putting up a face.

Her body language basically worships him, and he positions himself as her 'master'.