Chapter 21 - Tension

A/N: Hiya! I took my time with this one because I quality>quantity but I managed to get you guys the chapter I promised :)

Sorry for the emotional trauma last chapter :') but it was necessary. It's okay, we'll recover. I'm still recovering, might need therapy.

I know for a fact I have typos in here so excuse those lol.

QOTD: What do you think Karma's game will be like?

Chishiya's POV

"Please! Please don't kill me, I'm begging you!"

A gunshot silences the girl, and she's just around a corner that I'm about to turn. I stop immediately, trying to be as silent as possible in case I'm heard.

I hear the footsteps of the shooter closing in on me so I bolt in the opposite direction. He's got friends with him.

Where in the hell could she be?

I try to avoid thinking the worst. She's smarter than this, right? She wouldn't just die. She's survived many games so she has to be alive.

People scatter all around me, and bodies decorate the halls. I make sure to at least take a quick glance at all of them and none that I've seen so far are wearing the lavender swimsuit Karma wore today.

I can't tell if I'm relieved or panicking over this because it means either she's alive, or her body's yet to be found.

Right as I'm about to turn a corner, I collide with someone who's also nearly sprinting. I don't even have to look at her face to know it's her. The lavender bikini and white underlights give her away.

I don't hesitate to grab her wrist and drag her into the nearest suite. I refuse to take any chances, especially because the shooters earlier were heading my way.

When we get into a suite, I make sure to close the door without making too much noise and press my hand against her mouth so she doesn't vocally react.

I feel all the weight in the world get lifted from my chest and I'm whole again.

"Shh, they're near." I whisper.

I meet her eyes and she looks petrified, but they calm at the sight of mine.

The sound of running footsteps passes the suite we're hidden in and we both tense, then relax once we know they're gone.

We're both panting and our breaths match pace. I don't even care that she's practically drooling against my hand.

I don't realize that I have her pressed against the wall, I'm just completely lost in her eyes.

Why do you keep doing this to me?

She then looks down at my hand, and back up at me.

Oh, right.

I slowly lower my hand from her face and mouth, but none of us move. Our faces are only inches apart. I can even feel the warmth of her breath.

Good thing she brushes, otherwise I would have gagged.

I'm so conflicted, as I've never felt this much for anyone before in my life. Not even the dying children I treated, or the kid who's letter for his dad I threw away.