Chapter 50 - Dr.

A/N: Sooo guys- with our 50th chapter, we are also celebrating 50 THOUSAND READS. Like HUHH? Not me dancing on the toilet. Jkjk but like the point is I'm happy and grateful. Look at us go!! Our story is reaching!! Literally was expecting like 1k readers max when I started writing this. :') thank you.

Also! Happy (belated) birthday @bigcoochiecarl <3

Bad news, I'm sick. Ya girl also has seasonal asthma and sis has been coughing like crazy. I'm also burned out. But I made it through my last final exam and managed to get a 94 on it :) I was cramming and studying like crazy for it and it paid off.

I hope that explains why I went awol.

On the bright side, it's spring break soooo you already know who's binge-writing!!! Literally my fav activity when I have time.

QOTD: Best healthy snack?!

Karma's POV

"Please, come with me."

They stare deep into my soul, awaiting answer. Their pitch-black eyes are kind, but uncanny and it sends a chill spider down my spine.

I'm startled, I can't deny it. All of the workers whom I've accidentally exchanged eye contact with seem to have the same scary gaze.

The corner of my mouth twitches, trying to force a smile, but it doesn't translate to my eyes.

"This way, ma'am,"

I stand still like I'm paralyzed, but they refuse to move until I take a step towards them. They lead me through the hospital, up the elevator, and past the cafeteria where Chishiya is with Niragi and the girls.

Chishiya just so happens to make eye contact with me and he stands, but I hold up a hand, signaling him to stay where he is.

Does he listen? No.

He approaches us and stops the worker, who seems to be a nurse, judging by the fact that all the nurses here are wearing red scrubs. The doctors wear black with white coats.

Black and red.

There are too many signs.

I bet we never even returned. But how do I explain all of the people here? My grandparents? Kuina's parents?

I'll figure this out. With Ann.

When Chishiya jogs over to us, the others watch, but don't stand. I can see the questioning looks on their faces.

"What's going on?" Chishiya asks, more like demands. He smugly stands in front of the hospital worker with his arms crossed and he looks to me with a hidden concern.

"Miss Murami seems to have sustained a brain injury that has affected her memory. We are going to scan her."

His eyes narrow and he tilts his head, tightening his crossed arms.

"So why wasn't I scanned for that? She remembers more than I do. And your ethic is horrible. You're not supposed to reveal patient's details and conditions to just anyone. Confidentiality is law. I should report you."

I conceal a smirk. This man really is something. I sees my smirk and his hard gaze softens, but remains stern towards the worker.

The worker ignores him and moves past him, gesturing me to follow, and I do. I don't want him to catch attention either. Something's not right about this place.