Chapter 40 - Too

A/N: Alright guys so I'm back after sobbing over Chishiya's confession. I hope it felt right for him because he just said it to see how it felt.

Anywaysss it's time for more (good) trauma.

How's life guys? I'm still ecstatic that we made #1 in #aib and we're top ten in #chishiya again! Thank you guys so much for all your support and I'm so happy you guys love this story as much as I do <3

QOTD: Weirdest (could be scariest or realest) dream you've ever had? Mine was that I lived out an entire life with a career, got married, and even had a kid, just to wake up in my bed. OH also every time I tell the people in my dreams that I know I'm dreaming they start chasing me.

Karma's POV

I have a bad habit of passing out for prolonged periods of time. I wonder how long I was out this time.

From what I feel, I'm in a bed. Instead of opening my eyes, I take advantage of the comfort I find myself in, still playing dead.

"You're an ass actor," I hear Ryu's voice in the room.

This causes me to chuckle, earning me a sore pain in my abdomen. I immediately stop laughing to spare myself the aching pain and I open my eyes, rolling on my back.

When I look around, I'm grateful that the curtain is closed because even inside, it takes my eyes some time to adjust to the light. The room has brown walls and is generally clean. It's nice for a place that rests in a city of ruin. It almost looks like the beach suite, except minus the coffee table and this time there's a couch and a dining table.

Ryu sits on the couch and blankets are piled on it with a pillow on either side.

"You realize that couch is convertible to a bed right?" The first thing that comes out of my mouth after who-knows-how-long is some smartass comment. Ryu says nothing, just rolls her eyes and tries to look slick examining the couch.

I move the covers off of me and when I look down I see bandages wrapped around my abdomen and some on my arms and legs. I don't even remember getting cut that much. I look to all of my injuries, discovering new ones with furrowed eyebrows, and I'm grateful they did this for me.

"Thank you," I don't sit up knowing it would hurt.

Ryu purses her lips and nods, then calls Kuina, who bursts through the door with water.

"You're awake!" She scurries to my side of the bed and I lick my once-again dry lips.

"How long as it been?"

Ryu stands and joins Kuina next to my side of the bed.

"Relax, it was literally just last night. You haven't even been out for a day."

That's good. It would have sucked to have woken up after a week, not knowing what I missed.

"We got cut up pretty bad, huh?" I chuckle, building a tolerance for the pain in my abdomen. I'll have to keep moving, and just be careful not to reopen my wound.

"Thanks for patching me up," I look up to them, reaching my hand out in appreciation for them to grab. I need to get up.

I gotta find Chishiya.

"About that..." Ryu looks to Kuina and back to me in an awkward manner.

I then feel something solid next to me and a sharp corner pressed into my arm. When I look at it, I discover it's a Rubik's cube. I abruptly sit up a little more and hear something fall. Ryu picks it up for me, opening the water bottle I dropped, and she hands it to me.