Chapter 25 - Theory

A/N: Hi :) I don't really have much to say as of right now, but I do have news for you guys! As many of you know, I intend on pushing this story past 50 chapters. I need your opinions.

I know the manga ended on the joker card, but I'm really strongly considering adapting this story to have a phase three.

QOTD: Phase three later or yuck?

It's time to stray from the original storyline and develop our own little changes for phase two as well hehe.

Enjoy <3

Chishiya's POV

Find me.

Her words repeat in my head like a curse, so much to the point that my focus isn't even much about surviving anymore, but finding her.

I swallow my spit in a dehydrated reflex and head down the levels of the parking garage, bobbing my head to music that's not even playing.

Somehow, I lost my music player along the way.

Detailed as I am, I don't even remember where or when I lost it, either. The damn girl Karma had me too distracted.

When I exit the parking garage, the sun is already starting to set. A warm tone engulfs the surrounding world, causing bright glares on any reflective surfaces.

I take a 360 turn to make sure I don't see the King of Spades anywhere near, either.

Once that's confirmed, I make my way towards the Queen of Diamonds venue. Bodies lay along the street, staining the air with the fresh scent of blood.

Based on what I'm seeing, people had a lot of blind faith in the cars, despite the gunner shooting right through them.

Common sense isn't so common here.

I keep walking along the street lines at a steady pace until I start to recognize my surroundings.

It can't be.

The more I near the supposed venue, the more deja vu I feel. I look left and see the coffee shop I would usually go to before my shift, then look up and see my past.

Sakurazaka University Hospital.

"Chishiya!" I hear in a distance from behind me.

I don't move, nor do I react to the calling of my name. My eyes stay locked on the Queen of Diamonds card. From the position of the blimp, I'm almost certain that the venue is in the department of pediatrics.

My workplace.

What are the odds that my first phase two game is going to be held at my job?

If the game has to do with anything medical, my wining is certain.

"Chishiya!" I then hear jogging footsteps and panting nearing me then stopping right next to me, to my left.

"Are you seriously going to play that? We have ten days."

When I make the conscious decision to relax myself, I discover that my eyebrows are furrowed and focused.