Chapter 9

"I have a theory

"I have a theory."

Ariana said while crossing her arms. It was the next morning. Both Normani and Ari were sitting at the island in the middle of their kitchen.

Normani had her robe and bonnet on, along with her cozy house slippers. Ari pretty much wore the same thing.

"What's your theory?"

Normani questioned curiously. She had spent the last 10 minutes filling Ari in on the whole double date situation with Durk and Von.

"I think Durk and Von might be fighting over you secretly."

Ari said while smirking. Normani couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"No. That's impossible."

She muttered.

"How so? From the way you described it, it sounded like Durk was tryna showboat you in front of Von last night as if he tryna make Von jealous or sum."

Ari explained. Normani just shook her head no.

"First of all... Von doesn't even like me. He has never tried anything with me at all-"

"But you got a crush on him don't you?"

Ari cut her off.

"What? Hell no!!"

Normani stammered. Ari just playfully rolled her eyes.

"Mmhmm. Every time I say Von's name you get that stupid as twinkle in yo eyes."

Ari pointed out. Normani just swatted her hand away as Ari laughed.

"Girl bye. I do not like Von. And they are not fighting over me. I think Durk is just weird that's all."

Normani concluded. Ari just shook her head in defeat. She knew something was up with both Von and Durk. And the last thing she wanted to see was her cousin getting played by them.

Ari secretly made up in her mind that she was going to get to the bottom of it one way or another.

"Ok miss delusional."