Chapter 33

Von sat in the waiting room at the hospital, along with Ari, Herb, Jasmine, India and Durk

Normani seemed to be really unconscious and they couldn't get her to wake up for some reason, so they had no choice but to bring her to the hospital.

Everyone made sure to keep a low profile and give as little information as possible to the doctors. As far as the doctors were concerned, Normani was at the club when somebody slipped a drug into her drink.

This was the story they all decided to tell, just to keep the suspicion to a minimum. If the doctors found out what really happened to Normani, it wouldn't be good for any of them.

And Von definitely wasn't in the mood to be dealing with the police.

He just sat quietly, staring off into the distance. All he could think about was Normani. He felt like he had let her down. He kept blaming himself for leaving her alone the way that he did.

He regretted ever ignoring her calls. He kept thinking that if he had just been honest with her in the first place about how he felt, they would probably not be in this situation right now. Von had never felt a pain like this before.

It was unbearable for him. He felt guilty.

"You okay?"

A soft voice could be heard. Von looked up as Ari stood in front of him with a bottle of water in her hands. She offered it to him while smiling a little.

"Yeah thanks..."

He muttered as he just took it.

"Von... I really can't thank you enough for saving my cousin again."

Ari said while taking a seat next to him. He just shrugged lightly.

"And I hope you not over here blaming yourself for what happened. That shit was not your fault."

She went on.

"Ion know about that..."

He muttered. Ari just sighed.