Chapter 14

Normani leaned up against the bar, her long hair cascading down her back effortlessly

The bartender was in the middle of making the girls a drink as they waited patiently.

Mani couldn't get over the way Von was looking at her when she walked in earlier. He seemed shocked to even see her tonight.

She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Normani was feeling super conflicted because she wasn't even sure why she even cared about what he thought.

Fuck how he feels.

She thought while rolling her eyes inwardly. The bartender placed 3 shots of don julio in front of her.

"Gon head sis. Drink up."

Ari said while nudging her. Mani just chuckled, eyeing the shot glasses before picking one up.

"Take all 3 shots hoe!"

Ari added while smirking. Normani gave her a look, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah girl. We want you lit tonight. We'll watch your back."

Jasmine insisted as she had her own shot glass. Normani just sighed, already knowing that they weren't going to take a no for an answer from her.

She picked up the first shot glass, throwing her head back as the alcohol burned down her throat. She flinched a little, placing the empty glass down before grabbing another.

Ari grinned as she whipped out her phone, recording Normani while she took the second shot.

"Ok Maniiiii."

India boosted as Normani went for the third cup.

"I hate y'all."

She muttered as the girls just giggled. Normani took the last shot, her chest beginning to feel hot as she slammed the empty glass cup down.

"Damn girl."

An unfamiliar male voice sounded. Normani looked up, her eyes landing on a tall light skin man.