Chapter 16

2 weeks later

2 weeks later.

"Alright class. Be sure to turn in your assignment Sunday evening at 11:59pm sharp. And I do not except late work as you all know."

Normani reached over, closing her macbook shut as her professor began wrapping up the lecture.

She slid her laptop into her tote bag before getting out of her seat. The students began piling out the room as she followed right behind them.

Her bag hung heavily off her shoulders as she made her way down the hall way of the University.

She had been dealing with school all day long. She was already over it after her last class.

The thought of her just going home and taking a nice long nap in her robe made her excited as she rushed on her feet towards the parking lot.

She was mentally happy that she didn't have work for the next few days at all thank God.

It had been 2 weeks since the incident with the whole Breezy and Von situation. To her surprise, she hadn't heard from or seen Von since the day of the party.

It made her a little sad as she had no idea what was going on with him. She knew that he was out of jail as Durk would text her minor updates, but that was really it.

She just assumed he maybe preferred to keep a low profile since the whole situation, and that probably was a good idea too since the police were pissed that they couldn't pin any real charges on Von at all.

Normani made her way towards Jefferey's vehicle. He stood right outside waiting for her.

Normani still was saving up for a car obviously. And ubering everywhere was starting to become such a hassle.

Jeffery knew of her car situation and offered to drop off and pick up Normani anywhere she needed to go. He too heard about the Breezy situation she was in and felt extremely bad for her.

Truly, everyone did.

"How was school young lady?"

Jeffery said as he opened the car door for her. She chuckled, lowkey feeling like he was her father asking her about her day at school.