Chapter 36

💔💔💔😩

💔💔💔😩

Losing somebody close to you is definitely one of the hardest obstacles anyone ever has to experience in life

And Von was all too familiar with that obstacle.

He lost a lot of people in his life while growing up. Ever since he was young, it was like death followed him wherever he went. He was so use to it though. It was something that almost seemed normal to him.

Growing up he would watch some of his own friends die in shootouts, robberies, drive-bys, or any type of gang violence. That's all he ever knew. That's all his mind ever consumed. As a result of this, Von knew never to really get close to anyone one, simply because that meant only pain in the end.

It's like Von knew how to turn on and off his own feelings. It was almost like a defense mechanism to help keep himself from dealing with the sadness and loss of a loved one.

The one person that has always been there for him no matter what through it all was Claire, his own Mom. And Von desperately dreaded this day. He always knew that her time was coming. Ever since she was diagnosed with Cancer, it was like he was mentally counting down the days.

Von swore up and down that if he could trade his own life just for his Mom to continue living, he would do it in a heart beat. But life unfortunately doesn't seem to work that way.

Normani could feel Von squeezing onto her hands tightly as they stood quietly in the elevator at the hospital. It felt like they were standing in this elevator for eternity as it slowly made its way up to the floor Claire was on.

After Kayla broke the news about Claire, everyone immediately rushed to the hospital without another thought. It was like all the drama they had been dealing with tonight didn't even matter anymore.

Mani just looked over at Von as his eyes stared straight ahead into pure nothingness. He had no emotion in his face at all.

But she could tell by how tense his body language was that something was wrong with him. Normani could remember all to well the day that her own mother died. She was alone at the hospital alongside her Mom. Nobody else came to support her.