Chapter 40

I'm almost at 4K reads I just realized

I'm almost at 4K reads I just realized.... 😭 That makes me nervous cus y'all really reading this book huh🙈🙈

 😭 That makes me nervous cus y'all really reading this book huh🙈🙈

"Vroy, are we going to see grandma?"

Grandbabii's little voice questioned with curiosity. It was a Sunday morning, the day of Claire's funeral. They were parked right outside the huge church, watching as people were already making their way inside for the service.

Normani could feel her nerves going through the roof as she just sat in the front seat, eyeing everyone out the window. Most of Von's family members were already here. She hadn't even realized how big his family was.

"Yeahh sort of."

Von replied to Grandbabii. All morning they had been trying to explain to him that Claire had passed away, and how they were going to celebrate her at Church today.

Grandbabii didn't seem to really understand it though.

"You think grandma will like my haircut?"

He innocently asked while grinning. Von just chuckled lightly as Normani smiled a little.

"Yeah...I'm sure she'll love ya haircut lil folks."

He muttered.

Normani could tell that Von was really trying to be strong for everyone today. It pained her to see him like this, and she knew he was still holding in a lot of the hurt from the loss of his Mom.