Chapter 58

As promised

As promised... here's another chapter 🙏🏾

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! This chapter does contain physical abuse. I don't wanna trigger any of you beautiful readers so ima just give y'all a heads up now😩.

For the rest of you... just go and read this messy ass chapter chile... 🤦🏾‍♀️

The sound of a phone vibrating softly stirred Normani in her sleep

The sound of a phone vibrating softly stirred Normani in her sleep. She groaned a bit, her eyes fluttering open as she just stared up at the ceiling. She could see her phone lighting up on the nightstand next to her through her peripheral vision.

She just sat up in bed, yawning to herself before reaching to grab her phone. The vibrating had stopped, revealing that she had about 30 missed calls from Von alone. Her eyes just grew wide a bit as she looked at the time.

It was 4am. She just scrolled through the text messages that were popping up on the screen as well from him. These messages seemed a bit aggressive as she just frowned.

She could feel her anxiety kicking in since she didn't understand what exactly was going on. She quickly clicked on his contact name before placing the phone to her ears. She reached over to the night stand again, turning on the lamp so that she wouldn't be sitting in the dark.

The phone only rang once before he picked it up.

"Von are you okay?"

She quickly spoke.

"So you don't see me fuckin callin yo goddamn phone?"

He snapped. Now usually whenever Von would fuss about her not picking up his calls, she knew that he was sort of just playing around with her. It was almost like an inside joke between them.

But this time, Normani could feel that something was definitely different with him. He seemed genuinely upset.

"Von... it's 4am. I was asleep. Plus I tried to call you earlier and you didn't even pick up-"