Chapter 46

What's y'all favorite song by Von? Mine is Broke Ops😫 I can recite the lyrics front to back lmao

Anyways, enjoyyyy this chapter beautifuls❤️❤️🙈

Von sat in his car which was parked right outside the police station

Von sat in his car which was parked right outside the police station. He had been waiting there for about 2 hours while his lawyers were inside trying to negotiate with the detectives on Herb's release.

Von ended up finding out that Herb was being questioned for the disappearance of Breezy aka Chris. He wasn't getting charged for anything at all. The police just barely had any evidence to keep him according to the lawyers. They were just dragging it out by keeping him for questioning as long as they could, hoping that Herb might slip up and tell them something.

Von wasn't really tripping about it though. For one, Herb wasn't no snitch. Plus, since Von made sure they got rid of Breezy's body... the police really had no case. For all they know, Breezy could've just ran off to some other country somewhere. They couldn't prove any murder being committed without a body.

This wasn't the first time the police did this to them. It was plenty of times in the past where the cops would bring them in for questioning about a case they just couldn't solve. The detectives would always try to see if Von or anyone associated with him would turn on each other.

Von knew that Chicago PD was always trying to investigate him and his people. It's like they had this vendetta against him. He knew they were itching to lock everyone up, including himself. Von wasn't afraid of jail at all though. He had been in and out of it since he was young. Getting locked up wasn't a huge problem for him back then.

But something felt different this time around. For some reason, his mind kept going back to Normani. What would happen if he did end up going to jail? How would she handle it? Von couldn't help but think these things. He knew Normani had a bright future. She was in school getting her degree. She had goals to establish a career.

He would just feel like too much of a burden for her if he ever got locked up....

The sudden sound of somebody knocking on the window of his car disrupted his thoughts as he looked up. Durk was standing right outside waving at him.