Chapter 66

Heads up y'all, this is the second to last chapter of this book 😭 I already wrote the last chapter out and it's all ready to get uploaded 💔💔💔💔😭😭

Don't fight me!! Let's just read this one for now 🥹🥹🥹💞

Clocking his gun back a bit, Durk made sure he had a few bullets inside before tucking the gun underneath his shirt

Clocking his gun back a bit, Durk made sure he had a few bullets inside before tucking the gun underneath his shirt. He was standing outside his car which was parked right in front of the trap house.

It was 3am. Durk just breathed in deeply, trying to shake off the nerves he was feeling after witnessing Normani and Von breaking up earlier today. It brought an uneasy feeling inside of him. Them breaking up just didn't seem right to him at all.

Durk just felt bad about the whole situation. He felt bad for Normani because he knew how deeply she felt about Von. He knew that she loved him no matter what the circumstances were. It's no secret that no relationship is perfect. But to have somebody that is willing to go through hell with you, all while still loving you unconditionally was definitely a rare find.

Von's life was definitely not a walk in the park. Everyone knew he lived a dangerous life. Durk knew that all too well because he lived the same life that Von lived. Hell, they damn near were brothers with how close they grew up together. The only difference between Durk and Von was that Durk refused to let his dangerous life define who he was. Durk refused to let that lifestyle dictate who he chooses to love and let around him.

Von was different. He felt like the best way to handle a situation is to shut it out completely. And watching Von just give up on the precious love that he had with Normani had to be one of the hardest things Durk ever had to witness. He knew that Von needed Normani. It just wasn't suppose to end the way that it did.

Shaking his head, Durk began making his way towards the trap house. He jogged up the steps a bit before knocking on the door. He waited for a second, hearing some shuffling going on inside the house before the door swung open.

Herb stood in the doorway, looking out into the street making sure that nobody else was here besides Durk.

"Took yo ass long enough."