Chapter 41

Been reading all of your guys feedback and I just

Been reading all of your guys feedback and I just...love y'all 🥺❤️

Normani just huffed lightly to herself as she focused on the pastor preaching up on the stage

Normani just huffed lightly to herself as she focused on the pastor preaching up on the stage. The funeral service just continued on as usual, with Von missing in action once again. Typical.

Normani just stayed behind paying her respects, along with Ari, Herb and Grandbabii. She just couldn't believe Von was that pissed off to the point where he chose to miss his own mothers funeral.

She also couldn't believe that he was mad at her for talking to Durk. She thought that he was being so unreasonable. Durk came up to me!!!Its not like I approached him!! She kept thinking to herself. It was starting to discourage her only because it felt like Von might have some serious trust issues, either towards her or in general.

She hated how whenever Von was upset, he would just dip out instead of dealing with their issues. That was starting to become a real problem for her. Normani was the type of person to deal with conflict by talking it out and coming up with solutions. Von seemed to be the complete opposite of that.

Two can play this game though. He wanna choose to run out on me? Watch this....

Durk stayed behind, sitting with them as well throughout the entire service. They ended up opening the casket, allowing people to see Claire one last time. There were people walking up to say their final goodbyes to Claire while the pastor spoke on stage.

Grandbabii didn't seem to like what was going on as he just hid his face in Normani's arms. She felt really bad for him and was trying her best to comfort him as much as she could. It seemed like he was starting to realize his Grandmother was gone.. and she wasn't coming back.

He just sniffled a little while squeezing onto Mani.

"Are we almost done? I want to go home."

Grandbabii muttered.

"Yes, it's almost over I promise."

She whispered to him as he nodded. She just rubbed on his back trying to comfort him as best as possible.