Chapter 37

I apologize in advance this chapter is 3443 words long 😩🤭

Normani leaned up against the kitchen counter with her laptop out

Normani leaned up against the kitchen counter with her laptop out. She had a plate of breakfast right next to her as she chewed on her food quietly.

It had been a few days since Claire passed away. Normani had spent those days with Von, never leaving his side not once. She knew that he was going through it mentally, even though he still refused to show any real emotions about the loss of his Mom. Mani knew she had to do her best to just be there for him.

Von had actually been out the entire night making plays, before coming home at 4am this morning. He spent the rest of the morning asleep.

She decided that it would be a good idea to wake up early, buy him some groceries for the house since Von basically lived like a bachelor and didn't have any real food in his kitchen...

Men...

After stocking his fridge and pantry up for him, she then decided to make him breakfast which stayed warm on the stove.

In the midst of all that, she also focused on doing her homework as well for school. One thing about Normani... she was going to get her assignments done no matter what. Even though it was still Thanksgiving break, her professors seemed to assign a bunch of homework for her to complete.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, the holiday was slowly approaching and Normani wasn't even sure on what she had planned for that day. Especially with everything going on, it didn't even feel like Thanksgiving this year.

She just sighed lightly, typing away at her computer as she submitted yet another assignment. She pushed her laptop back a bit before taking a sip of her water.

She could hear her phone vibrating on the counter as she placed her cup down. Ari's name popped up on the screen as she smiled a bit before picking it up.

"Hey boo."

Normani said while placing the phone to her ears.

"Hey Maniiiiii. I see Von still got you locked up at his house."