Chapter 11

"So, is it true you were locked up for 3 years?"

Von paused for a moment. His eyes flickered towards Normani as she sat right across from him.

They were currently seated at Ruth's Chris eating dinner. He just eye'd her as she focused on twirling her pasta with her fork before putting it into her mouth.

She hummed a little to herself, enjoying the taste of the pasta before pausing, once she noticed Von staring.

"Come again?"

He questioned while letting out an airy laugh.

"I know you heard me the first time Dayvon."

She muttered.

"Who you been talkin to about me?"

He pointed while raising his eyebrows. Normani just shrugged a little, taking a sip of her wine before leaning back in her seat.

"Look, ever since I moved out to Chicago, all I hear is women talking about you."

She stated.

He just smirked, leaning back in his seat while keeping that same eye contact with her.

"Oh really?"

He cooed as she rolled her eyes.

"Here we go-"

"So what else have you heard about me?"

He said while cocking his head the side. He licked his lips a bit, keeping his focus on her as she did a quick face palm.

"Aht aht. You've been asking me questions all night. It's your turn to start answering mines."

She pointed. He just laughed a little while waving her off.

Normani watched him as his laughing died down. She was thoroughly impressed by how he could keep such good eye contact with her. It made her stomach turn as she tried to look away.

"Yeah... I been to jail before."

He admitted. She nervously chewed at the inside of her cheek as she picked up her fork again.