48

Previously on Pure Happiness

"You don't have some mastermind plan to plot?" She joked.

"Rebekah's leading the investigation for it right now."

~~~

"Rebekah found a concerning message in the underground tunnels," Klaus stated.

"The white oak tree?" Beth questioned. She had seen it when helping her friends decipher them. The hybrid nodded."Why is that concerning? I thought your family burned the tree before you all left?"

"There was another. The message was dated years after we had fled, indicating there must have been another to replace the one we burned."

"So there could be a way to kill you and your siblings?"

"Yes," Klaus.

"Thank you. I should be going then," she said as she started getting dressed.

"What? Where? Hurrying off to tell your friends?" He snarled.

"Relax, I'm going to go look for Rebekah to offer my help. I'm on your side as long as we keep the peace. As long as you're honest with me," she stated.

"Why?"

"Really? Stop asking dumb questions and help me find a shirt since you ruined mine," she laughed.

The original smirked, and in spite of the current situation, he felt true hope that he had found someone that could really be by his side.

~~~

"Okay, good, you're here," Beth exclaimed as she found the blonde original at the Mystic Grill who was sitting with the mayor.

"Is that my shirt?" Rebekah asked with furrowed brows.

"Hi, Mrs. Lockwood," Beth greeted, ignoring the question.

"Nice to see you sweetie, will you be joining us?"

As she was about to respond, Damon called out from across the room, "Where the hell have you been?"

"Excuse me," Beth stated, leaving the two women to talk and heading towards her friend who was sitting with Stefan.

"I'm surprised you guys are talking to me. You need a favor?"

"Don't be like that, Beth. I miss my friend. I have like 2, and one of those is in jail," Damon complained as his brother sat silently, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"Wait, what do you mean? Alaric?"

"Well, detained, according to Liz. Dr. Crazy, his new lady friend, believes he's the one that killed her ex and Caroline's dad."

"Why would Merideth think that? Didn't he get attacked, too?"

"Self-inflicted crazy says. Ric found a knife in her things, went towards her with it, and she shot him. Very dramatic. You've missed a lot, Sunshine."

"Well, being nearly killed by multiple people in the span of a few days drains you. So what's the plan? We can't just leave him there," the strawberry blonde stated.