03

Beth just couldn't explain the feeling she had. It almost felt like the feeling she had when Vicki Donovan was turned, but there was still a difference.

She just couldn't get it out of her mind as she slipped into her 60s style dress. It was a sleeves dress with a rectangle design that went about three inches above her knee.

After getting ready, she looked like she could have just stepped out of a time machine. The makeup, the hair, and the dress all looked straight from the 60s and it suited her well.

Before starting her car, she decided to call Damon. After three rings, he answered. "What can I do for you, Beth?" He asked.

"So what's the plan, D?"

"You sure you want to know?"

"Yes."

"Okay then, Sunshine. We are going to blend until Klaus comes to us and when he does Bonnie will kill him," he said simply.

"Just like that?"

"Just like that."

"If you say so. I'll see you there," she said before hanging up. She pondered on the possibility of her feeling being about Klaus but even then she didn't know what the feeling actually meant. She finally shook her thoughts away and drove to the school.

When she arrived, she saw Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, and Jeremy outside. So she went towards them. "Hey guys," she smiled.

"You look great," Bonnie said to her, sadness lacing her every word.

"Thank you. So do you," Beth said as they hugged. Elena joined the hug afterward until Beth laughed a little. "I love hugging, but we should get in there. Are you guys ready?"

"Yeah," they all said. 

Stefan then turned to her and asked, "Are you?" He was worried about the big-hearted strawberry blonde, but she nodded before leading them into the dance.

They got in just in time to hear Dana's speech, which was weird because Dana was never the person who did that at dances. "Thanks for being here everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Elena from Klaus," Dana announced as The one I love, an old song began to play.

Everyone in their group got nervous, but Bethany smiled. "Oh come on. It's a good song. This is dedicated to the one I love, this is dedicated," she sang along trying to lighten up the mood and was actually able to get some smiles and chuckles from her friends.

"It was a lame, cheap shot anyway," Damon remarked.

"We know everyone here," Elena informed them.

"That's true. Maybe he's not even here," Beth said.

"I think Beth's right. Maybe he just wants us to think he's here," Stefan said.

"You are always reading my mind Stef," Beth laughed.

"It's a party, people. Blend," Damon chimed.

"Great idea," Beth said and Bonnie nodded taking an unwilling Jeremy onto the dance floor.

"There's Ric. I'll be back. Come on, Sunshine," Damon said as he led Beth to Ric.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted," Ric said as they approached him.

"I'm not impressed," Damon said. Ric seemed a little offended by it and Beth noticed but didn't comment. She felt like something was going on with Ric, but she didn't know how right she really was. "Let me know if you see anything out of whack, " Damon ordered before walking off, leaving Beth with Ric.

"So what do you think about the dedication, Beth?" Ric asked.

She shrugged before smiling, "The only thing I know is that the man has good taste in music." He was a little confused with her attitude towards the whole thing. She wasn't nervous and she smiled, joked, and laughed like she didn't have a care in the world even though so much was happening. It was something he had never seen a person do.

"Your positivity surprises me," he said honestly.

"Oh, come on, Ric. We've known each other for a while now. Get used to it, because that is never changing," she beamed. In all his time, he had never met someone like her and he was intrigued. She really did light up a room.

Neither of them noticed when Andrew, a classmate, came towards them until he spoke, "Look, Beth. I know you said no to being my date, but do you want to dance? One dance. That's all I ask."

She smiled and nodded at the handsome brown-haired boy. "Okay, because I like your determination. Bye Ric," she waved as she was led onto the dance floor.

"Thank you," Andrew said as they danced.

"No problem."

"I really want to ask you something."

"And what is that?" She asked curiously.

"Why won't you give me a chance? Or any of the other guys?"

"I just... I'm not ready. I know it's been a year, but I'm not ready to have a relationship after Blake's death. I'm not ready to be in a relationship. Maybe if I already had feelings for this person, I would give it a chance, but until then," she trailed off thinking about her first love.

"I get it. And I'm determined to be that person," he said, spinning her one last time before the song ended.