14

Previously on Pure Happiness

"I need to warn my friends! I need to warn them," Beth said ending her sentence with a whisperbecause her voice became weak as tears continued to fall from her eyes. But no one heard her pleas and no one came to help the green eyed girl who's only goal was to help her friends survive the night.

~~~

The green eyed girl had no idea how long it had been but it felt like hours. But despite the fact that it felt like if she had been trapped for an eternity, Beth was still pounding on the force field that was keeping her in, hoping that the next time her hands would go through. But it never seemed to happen.

She was about to hit a breaking point but she tried once more, and it happened. She went through. Beth breathed out fearing that it'd be too late but hoped that it wasn't. But before she pondered anymore she wiped the tears that were staining her cheeks before running off and out of the tomb.

She started aimlessly walking hoping to find her friends, but in all honesty she had no idea where she was going. And she also didn't have any idea how long she had already spent walking but she kept at it until a growl was heard. She froze in her tracks as the growling seemed to get louder from behind her. She turned back slightly with a scared expression and was met by a large gray wolf. But it did something strange.

The wolf looked over and let his blue gray eyes make contact with the girl's green ones. It stopped it's growling and lowered its snout which made Beth's expression turned to confusion but as she saw into the wolf's eyes a sense of familiarity came upon her. She had seen those eyes before, the eyes who worked so hard to hide their loneliness.

"Klaus?" She whispered but the wolf simply turned away and started running away.

"Beth?!" A voice yelled making her turn away from the animal.

"Stefan?" She asked before turning back to look over at the wolf but it had disappeared into the night.

"Where have you been?" Stefan asked her as he approached the strawberry blonde.

"That doesn't matter, right now. Stefan Where's Jenna?" She asked, her words dripping with concern and fear despite the fact that she knew the answer to her own question but it was only confirmed when Stefan dropped the eye contact and looked away. "I didn't make it in time. She's dead. Isn't she?" Beth asked blinking away her tears.

"Yeah," Stefan said quietly.

"What about everything else? What happened tonight?"

"Elijah didn't kill Klaus," Stefan said confirming Beth's suspicion about the wolf that she had crossed paths with. The green eyed vampire then sighed before changing the subject, "Damon took Elena to the witch house, I was going over there when I saw you."

"Let's go then." But as they walked along, towards the witch house Beth stopped in her tracks. "Stefan someone's dying," she said before Stefan looked at the girl in concern.

"Who? Who is it, Beth?!"

"I don't know," she said with a cry before a scream escaped her lips. It echoed through the woods scaring the animals around and terrifying anyone else who heard.