04

After dancing with Andrew, Beth started to look around trying to find her friends. She finally saw Bonnie being dragged outside by Elena and Stefan angrily talking to Damon. She had no idea what was happening and was kind of regretting ever straying from them. She decided to go with the Salvatore brothers because she had already lost sight of Bonnie and Elena.

"What's going on?" she asked and suspicion crept on her when she saw Damon's guilty expression. "What happened? I'm sure whatever it is. It's not that bad. Just one of you tell me."

"Damon and his secrets," Stefan answered vaguely. Beth furrowed her eyebrows as she looked over at the older blue-eyed Salvatore.

"What is he talking about, D?" she asked.

"I found out that Bonnie will not survive if she uses her power against Klaus. And might have kept it a secret," Damon said to the strawberry blonde.

"Bonnie's not dying. At least not tonight. She'll be fine. I know it, but I have to go find her," she said before going out of the dance. She really did feel that way. She would feel it by now. She had a feeling... but it wasn't that. As soon as she got outside, she spotted her friends talking on the school's lawn.

"So you know why I have to," she heard Bonnie say to Elena.

"Have to what?" she asked innocently from behind them.

"You know, don't you?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah. And you're not going to die. You'll-" Beth's sentence was interrupted when someone yelled for them.

"Elena!" Alaric called.

"What is it?" the doe eyed girl asked.

"He has Jeremy."

"What?!" the three girls said in unison.

"Yeah. Klaus has Jeremy. Come on," he said running off into the school gesturing for the girls to follow. He opened one of the back doors that lead to the school's halls and let them go in first being shutting the door behind him. They rapidly and frantically walked after Alaric.

"Okay. Where are you taking us?" Elena asked.

"Seriously, Ric. Where's Jeremy?" Beth asked as she furrowed her brows.

"Just a little further," he mumbled as he walked.

"Wait. Something's not right," Elena chimed as she looked around the hall. And she was correct something wasn't right. It hadn't been all day.

"Where's Jeremy?" Bonnie asked him powerfully. Alaric began chuckling as he slowly stopped walking.

"I just had to get away from that dance. The sixties. Not my decade. I mean, whose call was that anyway? I much prefer the twenties. The style, the parties, the jazz," he said after turning back to look at them.

"We'll put that in the idea box for next year's dance. But seriously what's going on with you?" Beth asked as the three girls stared at him in confusion.

"Ric, are you on vervain?" Elena cautiously asked.

"Now why would ask me that question, Elena?" He asked with a devilish smirk before slowly stepping forward.

"He's being compelled," Elena deducted.

"Try again."

"What's going on?" Bonnie asked him as she pulled both girls away from Ric.

"Okay, I'll give you a hint. I am not Alaric," he said dramatically. Beth had been trying to figure it out and finally, it clicked.

"Klaus," she breathed out.

"Surprise," he smirked at the terrified expression on the doppelganger's face.

"No. No. It's not possible," she shook her head in disbelief.

"Relax, Elena. I'm not here to hurt you. Or the lovely Beth. You're not on my hit list tonight. But she is," he said looking at Bonnie before running to her.

"Bonnie!"