52

Previously on Pure Hapiness

"Technically, I wasn't born for another seven hours, but thank you."

~~~

The father, daughter duo, spent a few hours on the couch, watching TV before drifting off to sleep. Well, the father of the duo did. The daughter, on the other hand, couldn't sleep. Beth forced her eyes to close around 4am and finally fell into a light sleep on the couch next to her father.

A few hours passed before Beth woke to the smell of pancakes and bacon. She smiled as she lifted herself off the couch and folded the blanket she had used. She sat it on the couch and walked herself to the kitchen.

"It smells so good. I've been living off fries from the grill," she exclaimed.

Benjamin's eyes fell a little with guilt, but he covered it with a grin, "It's your birthday breakfast. Go sit down. I'll bring it to you."

Beth followed instructions and had a lovely time with her father before she headed off into her room to change out of pajamas

~~~

After throwing on some clothes, Beth made her way to her high school gym to help put up dance decorations. Her friends were already there when she stepped in.

"Where do you want me to hang this?" Elena asked Caroline.

"You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity, she should have shown up to do it herself," Caroline stated as she handed the chandelier to someone passing by, "Just no!"

"It wasn't that bad," Beth stated with a chuckled as she turned to see Matt and Jeremy hanging stars, "That is so much worse than the chandelier."

Caroline turned to look at what her friend was pointing out and yelled, "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh," Matt mocked.

"Ughh, you totally distracted me, Happy Birthday!" Caroline yelled before hugging her friend.

"Happy birthday," Elena smiled as the girls pulled her into the hug. The boys chimed in as they climbed off their ladders to hug the birthday girl.

"Thank you," Beth said before the two boys walked back to trickle down the stars.

"Look at them all, bromancy," Caroline smiled, looking at the two boys.

"It's nice to see them happy," said Beth.

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill."

"That was nice of him," Caroline stated.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?"

Beth eyes widened, "Wait! What? You kissed Damon?"

"Yea," Elena said sheepishly, "I was going to tell you today, but Caroline beat me to it. And I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it."